Read the whole story here: http://www.telecomskorea.com/business-8827.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;LG, Samsung Executives Look to “Avatar” for 3D TV Inspiration
Top executives from two of South Korea’s leading electronics firms have flocked to local theatres to watch the Hollywood blockbuster “Avatar” in an effort to evaluate the film’s 3D technology and prepare for competition in the burgeoning 3D TV market, a source in the company said Monday.
LG Group Chairman Koo Bon-moo, along with high ranking executives from the group’s affiliates, attended a screening in downtown Seoul last week, the official said, adding the outing was made on Koo’s suggestion.
LG Group Vice Chairman Kang Yoo-sig, and Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of LG Electronics Nam Yong accompanied the group chief, as did senior group officers in charge of the 3D TV-related sector, including CEO of LG Display Kwon Young-soo, president of Home Entertainment Simon Kang, and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Paik Woo-hyun.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.