Read the whole story here: http://gadgetress.freedomblogging.com/2 ... -3d/34883/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Should your next HDTV be 3D?
by Tamara Chuang
3D movies today are far from the fuzzy 3D of the 20th century, where blue-and-red cardboard goggles were more of a fashion statement then advancement in technology. At this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, it became very clear that 3D is heading to living rooms nationwide.
Pretty much everyone announced a 3D HDTV, including budget TV brand Vizio. But the even bigger news came from companies like DirecTV, ESPN and the Discovery Networks, which all announced major efforts to bring 3D videos to TV sets.
3D glasses from NvidiaBut are consumers ready for a 3D TV?
The simple answer: Not yet. Yes, many 3D TVs will begin hitting store shelves in late Spring. And DirecTV begins offering three 3D channels in June. But experts agree that the content is just not there yet. So, when should you buy a 3D TV?
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
- Posts: 1060
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Other
- Location: Wake Island
For every 1 3D gamer there are going to be 10 shooting 3D home videos. They will offcause want a 3D TV. Very few realise this however, since they don't know how easy it is - not to mention how easy it will be in the future when Sony, Panasonic, Canon all have 3D HD camcorders. Everybody on this planet is going to want one (me included!) (and a 3D TV offcause).