Read the whole story here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 9d88042d24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;'Avatar' tops int'l boxoffice again
Sci-fi champ adds another $95.1 million
by Frank Segers
Hardly resting on its worldwide boxoffice laurels, "Avatar" charged ahead in its seventh weekend on the international circuit, finishing No. 1 with $95.1 million drawn from 11,327 screens in 120 markets.
Overseas gross total stands at $1.45 billion, pushing the 20th Century Fox release's worldwide gross total past the $2 billion mark.
With the domestic gross total registering at $594.5 million through the weekend -- still $6.3 million shy of "Titanic's" U.S. and Canada record of $600.8 million -- 'Avatar's" new global gross record comes to $2.045 billion.
Director James Cameron's mega-budget 3D spectacle broke "Titanic's" all-time overseas gross mark of $1.242 billion on Jan. 23, and notched a new worldwide benchmark $1.859 billion last Monday. It's expected that "Avatar" will break "Titanic's" domestic boxoffice record on Monday or Tuesday.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.