Read the whole story here: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31070/s ... ball-match" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Sky debuts 3D with Man United vs Arsenal
Channel set to launch in April
by Duncan Geere
Sky has announced that it'll be launching its 3D television channel in April, and that it'll be giving a special preview of the service on 31 January, by screening the Arsenal vs Manchester United match in nine pubs across the country.
The Premiere League clash will be shown in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin, in venues that have been fitted with the first 3D displays to be made available in Britain. As more models roll out, Sky will be pushing its 3D channel to more pubs from April, which is when the 3D channel rolls out publicly.
The game will be shot by eight 3D camera rigs containing 16 3D cameras, for stereoscopic shots from almost any angle. A 3D production team and purpose-built 3D OB truck will allow mixing between cameras, replays, and 3D graphics. The 3D broadcast will have a dedicated commentary team.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.