Read the whole story here: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... theadlines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Samsung Electronics Begins Mass Production Of 3D LCD TV Panels
by Jung-Ah Lee
SEOUL (Dow Jones)--Samsung Electronics Co. (005930.SE), the world's largest maker of liquid-crystal-display televisions by volume, said Wednesday that it has begun mass production of flat panels used for three-dimensional TVs.
The move comes at a time when market rivalry for three-dimensional TVs is widely expected to intensify this year with the heavy interest in recent high-profile 3D movie "Avatar".
"Recently, 3D displays have captured the industry spotlight," said Chang Won-kie, president of Samsung Electronics' LCD Business.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:34 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup
- Location: Sweden
This might be good news. Samsung makes lcd-panels for a lot of other lcd-tv manufacturers. If you buy a tv from another brand the possibility is quite high the panel itself is from samsung. Is it all about 120Hz or other polarized solutions?