3-D 101

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

3-D 101

Post by metalqueen »

3-D 101
by Joshua Zyber

Q: Okay go ahead and give me the bad news now. I moved into a new house last year and put a home theater into my basement with a Mitsubishi projector. I suppose when 3-D hits that I will need a new projector as well as a new Blu-ray player? My Samsung in the living room was 3-D ready when I bought it so hopefully that is fine but I hope just get 3-D in the theater I don't have to start all over again. Any thoughts?

Q: Could you please explain the technical side of 3-D-movies and distribution? I'm aware of different theater standards such as XPanD and Dolby 3D, but how come 'My Bloody Valentine' 3-D Blu-ray release is paired with only passive glasses when theaters have adopted some (i.e. previously mentioned) standard and use expensive active glasses, projector etc.? What about all these auto-stereoscopic displays? What kind of content I can watch with those? Why buy expensive displays if you could just buy some Blu-ray with free glasses and enjoy 3-D with old display?
Read the answers here: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... _3-D!/4109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”