Read the whole story here: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;'Tron Legacy' Director Joseph Kosinski Raves About 3-D And Daft Punk
Kosinski lands a spot on our 10 to Watch in 2010 list because of his creative guts.
by Josh Horowitz
MTV: How immersive is the 3-D? Is it start to finish, or does it pop up in key sequences?
Kosinski: Our approach is not like "Avatar," which I think is 3-D from the first shot to the last. Ours is sort of a "Wizard of Oz" approach. Ninety-eight percent of the 3-D is in the world of "Tron." The 3-D really starts once we get into the Tron world.
MTV: Is the technology you're using similar to what James Cameron used or what Robert Zemeckis has used?
Kosinski: It's a combination of technologies that Zemeckis has been using in terms of the completely digital motion-capture of a character and for the live-action camera system. We used a camera developed by James Cameron's company. We used a newer generation of camera than the one used on "Avatar." They built it specifically for us.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.