Is 3D Getting Out Of Hand?

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

by Andrew Robinson

In 2009 we saw Digital 3D hit a new found high with James Cameron’s Avatar, which went on to win Best Picture at the Golden Globes last week. Other 2009 films released in 3D include Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Monsters vs. Aliens, Up, My Bloody Valentine and many others. However, this list pales in comparison to the recently announced news that George Lucas, after seeing the technology behind Cameron’s film, is finally ready to re-release the original Star Wars films in 3D. Is this crazy? Do these guys know what this means?
Read the whole story here: http://thefilmstage.com/2010/01/21/is-3 ... t-of-hand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: Is 3D Getting Out Of Hand?

Post by Okta »

What an ass hat.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Here's what I would have posted if I could have been bothered to supply my E-Mail.
But 3D isn't meant to add to the story line or characters. It just makes the environment look more realistic..i.e. the real world has a length, width and a "depth". Because of this, 3D, for some people, makes the visual experience more intense. You either get it or you dont. It has nothing to do with storyline or characters. It is a purely "visual" element.

Gae43

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by cybereality »

Sounds like the same arguments that were against HD a few years back. Buttheads.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”