Read the whole story here: http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/93322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;'Avatar' Poses DI Challenges
by Jay Ankeney
James Cameron's "Avatar" is not only a monumental leap into the potential future of 3D digital cinema, it was also shown in up to 4,000 3D cinemas worldwide from one of the most challenging digital intermediates ever mastered. In fact, the digital post facility responsible for creating that DI, Modern VideoFilm in Glendale and Burbank, Calif., actually served as the central hub for gathering all the visual effects and live action shots and conforming the whole feature in both 2D and 3D to accommodate all the delivery formats that this film's record production budget and multi-venue international release strategy demanded.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.