Read the whole story here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... c887c96761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Imax passes $100 mil globally with 'Avatar 3D'
Sci-fi epic still has seven weeks to play on giant screens
by Etan Vlessing
TORONTO -- Imax Corp. has crossed the $100 million global boxoffice mark with "Avatar 3D."
With James Cameron's sci-fi epic still set to screen for seven more weeks on Imax's giant screens, "Avatar" to date has raked in $68 million in premium North American ticket receipts and $33 million in overseas boxoffice since it opened Dec. 18.
Imax CEO Richard Gelfond expects the record boxoffice from "Avatar 3D" to spur return viewing for future Hollywood 3D titles on his screens locally and internationally.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.