Read the whole story here: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/bi ... 58979.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Cable Firms Look to Deliver 3D TV to Homes
by Kim Tong-hyung
The technology world is betting that stereoscopic three-dimensional (3D) television will be the next home entertainment blockbuster, and this has television broadcasters accelerating their moves to deliver 3D programs to viewers.
Leading the pack are cable television operators CJ HelloVision and HCN; both plan to start trial 3D broadcasts sometime during the latter half of the year, while offering a sneak preview of their preparations at the ``Digital Cable Show 2010'' trade fair in March.
The government-led 3D broadcasting initiative is managed by the Korea Communications Commission (KCC), which will also push national television networks and satellite broadcasters to participate, with the earliest trial services expected in October.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.