Read the whole story here: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... Launch.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CES 2010: Panasonic, DirecTV Partner on 3D Launch
Set-maker will sponsor three 3D channels on pay-TV service
by Glen Dickson
Panasonic and DirecTV answered weeks of speculation over which U.S. pay-TV operator would be first to launch a 3D HD service by announcing Wednesday at CES that DirecTV will launch 3 3D channels by June 2010, two linear channels and one video-on-demand-based channel.
Panasonic will be the exclusive presenting sponsor for the channels, which will be viewable on new 3D HD sets in conjunction with existing DirecTV set-tops and feature a mix of sports movies and documentaries.
"When you bring a new 3D set home, it will just be plug-and-play," said DirecTV EVP Eric Shanks.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.