Read the whole story here: http://www.multichannel.com/article/442 ... oject_.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;ESPN's 3DTV Is An 'Ongoing Science Project'
Sports Programmer Examining Different 3D Technologies, Production Techniques
by Todd Spangler
SPN will be in experimentation mode with 3DTV over the next six months, looking at different technologies and production techniques leading up to the launch of what it's billing as the industry's first 3D network this summer.
"This is an ongoing science project for us," said Bryan Burns, ESPN's vice president of strategic business planning and development.
ESPN kicked off its 3D efforts in a concerted way about a year ago, creating the 3DOC -- "3D organizing committee" -- which comprises about 30 people, Burns said.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
- Two Eyed Hopeful
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:58 am
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup
- Location: Marshall, MO
It is REALLY good news when a major broadcasting station like ESPN is "experimenting" with 3D. I see nothing but good things coming from that.
He that admits his own stupidity, is the only one on the true path to wisdom.