ATi confirms that in it's future driver improvements it will provide support for sync with 120Hz 3D displays.
This will still require 3rd party software like the iZ3D driver and 3rd party USB emitters and glasses such as those provided by BitCauldron.
But ATi confirmed the rumors spread a month ago at the iZ3D forums.
http://www.hardware.fr/news/lire/05-01-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Edit : an other article about Bit Cauldron glasses
http://in.sys-con.com/node/1235121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The news coming Catalyst!
Posted on 05/01/2010 at 11:56 by Marc
Print this news Send this news by e-mail
AMD has provided a paper giving some details on improvements that will be integrated in the coming months in the Catalyst drivers:
- Profiles by CrossFire X application will now be in a separate XML file that can be updated separately from the driver itself
- ATI CrossFire X with PowerPlay for Radeon 5x00: reduced consumption of additional cards
- Dual AMD Graphics: Possibility to combine the performance of the RS880 IGP with future GPU entry level and Cedar Park.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Update D3D driver to enable third parties such as iZ3D to use their 3D solution with 120 Hz screens Support glasses Bit Cauldron.
- Eyefinitiy: Bezel Management
- Increase the GPU acceleration in Windows 7 Video Converter
- Support for DisplayPort Audio (already in 9.12 Hotfix)
- If the manufacturer of the laptop allows the possibility of installing Catalyst on a laptop with Vista and 7
- Improved 2D performance in Linux
- Support for Ubuntu 9.10 and OpenSUSE 11.2
Here is a list of interesting in many aspects!