Read the whole story here:http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology ... -such-fun/Why are 3D movies like 'Avatar' such fun?
by Mark Changizi
You know what I love about going to see plays or musicals at the theatre? Sure, the dialogue can be hilarious or touching, the songs a hoot, the action thrilling. But I go for another reason: the 3D stereo experience. Long before movies like Avatar were shot and viewed in 3D, people were putting on real live performances, which don’t simply approximate the 3D experience – they are the genuine article.
“But,” you might say, “One goes to the theatre for the dance, the dialogue, the humans – for the art. No one goes to live performances for the ‘3D feel’. And, at any rate, most audiences sit too far away to get much of a stereo 3D effect.”
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.