Read the whole story here: http://www.homemediamagazine.com/3-d/jv ... logy-17933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;JVC Licenses RealD 3D Technology
by Chris Tribbey
JVC has followed Sony as the second 3D HDTV manufacturer to license RealD stereoscopic 3D technology for integration in home electronics.
“[This] will allow us to build on our solid track record of technological development for Hollywood and related markets,” said Haruo Kawahara, chairman, president and CEO of JVC Kenwood Holdings, Inc. “We are confident this will lead to a dramatic increase in our 3D-imaging device business.”
Both JVC and Sony licensed RealD technology, which delivers 1080p 3D images for both the left and right eyes, after the Blu-ray Disc Association announced Dec. 17 that it had finalized 3D specifications for the high-def format, allowing future 3D content to be viewed in 1080p on any 3D compatible display.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.