"Avatar" Delivers, and That May Change Everything

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

by Sheryl Waxman

I just saw “Avatar.” And for the first time in a very long time, a movie that made a great, big promise delivered.

It’s been more than a year since I’ve been hearing that James Cameron would reinvent moviemaking with “Avatar.” That he was marking a milestone with this film that was the equivalent of silent films to talkies, or black and white to color.

Right. And once I heard that he was the king of the world.

Going to the movies for a grown-up is too often a series of ongoing disappointments and adjusted expectations. So I was braced for anything.

But I had learned by now to be careful in announcing Cameron’s demise just because his own overblown, self-aggrandizing pronouncements tempted one to do so. I wrote some of those epitaphs 12 years ago before “Titanic" came out, and learned my lesson then.

If that film went on to become the highest-grossing film of all time, “Avatar” may well bust through “Titanic’s” record.
Read the whole story here: http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/avata ... hing-11790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: "Avatar" Delivers, and That May Change Everything

Post by Silversurfer »

Stop, we have to wait until 16th for the fun to begin in the UK.

Was it IMAX 3D or the other standard ratio digi 3D you viewed it on? Has anyone had the time to compare the two formats?

Cheerz
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Return to “MTBS Newswire”