Rodriguez: 'Avatar' 'like working on Star Wars -the 1st one'

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Rodriguez: 'Avatar' 'like working on Star Wars -the 1st one'

Post by metalqueen »

Michelle Rodriguez says 'Avatar' was 'like working on 'Star Wars' -- the first one'
by Jevon Phillips

JP: Did you have the sense that you were working on something historic? A lot of people view the film as a key moment in special-effects film, at least in its ambitions.

MR: To me, it was like working on "Star Wars" -- the first one. You know how now you watch "Star Wars" ["Episode I" in 1999] and you're like "I could've rented or bought the video game then I'd be in control of what's happening' -- because everything's so digital and it doesn't feel real. But you watch the first one ["Episode IV" in 1977] and I don't know how you feel, but I wonder, 'Why does this feel so much greater than the digitized world he [George Lucas] created now?' And I realize it's because of the props. And that's the kind of live-action world that Jim created.

JP: That's very cool.

MR: It is! Especially when you see these big giant robot things that the military has. Those things are cool, man! The actor that played the captain guy literally had to climb on a ladder to get into these things.

JP: When you signed up to do this, did you expect to see and do the types of things that you do working on this movie?

MR: I expected nothing less. I've always been a big fan of Jim Cameron. He's the first director that I've loved for a lot of years and actually got to work with. And I'm surprised cause I'm known to be a crazy wild card, a maverick of sorts.

Read the whole story here: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... t-one.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”