Read the whole story here: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... chang.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Regal CEO: Avatar No Game-Changer
by Lane Brown
Yesterday, Amy Miles, CEO of Regal Entertainment Group, the world's biggest theater chain, said that James Cameron's latest could earn "more than $250 million" domestically (which it had damn well better if its budget is anywhere near the $500 million the Times says it is), but downplayed its importance to the industry at large.
"I'm a little less of the opinion that Avatar is a game-changer," Miles said. "I think from a film technology perspective, there's a lot of enhancements that are going to benefit the industry, but 3D is going to be successful whether Avatar is successful or not," Miles said.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.