Read the whole story here: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/29871/d ... -subtitles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Disney planning first 3D subtitles
First three-dimensional movie to get "accessible" screenings
by Duncan Geere
Disney has announced that it's going to be the first movie studio to release a 3D movie with subtitles. And not just flat subtitles either - the letters will be in full 3D too. The company claims that the technology to do this has only just become available.
The film that'll be getting the subtitles is "A Christmas Carol". It's taken £9.5m at the UK box office, with 79% of those takings coming from 3D screens, however those screenings were previously inaccessible to the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.