Sky blasts Channel 4 for low-quality 3D Week

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

The 3D experience "has moved on considerably" since then
by Adam Hartley

Sky has blasted Channel 4 for giving viewers the wrong idea about 3D, with the channel using aging red-and-blue style glasses to promote its 3D week, which commences today.

The dated anaglyph technology is still an interesting gimmick for many viewers, but in comparison to the latest developments in 3D tech it really does not offer the viewer a very satisfying experience at all.

Hence Sky has expressed its concerns that Channel 4's 3D Week might give the wrong idea about its own forthcoming 3D TV tech, scheduled for release sometime later next year.
Read the whole story here: http://www.techradar.com/news/televisio ... eek-650861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Sky blasts Channel 4 for low-quality 3D Week

Post by Gae43 »

I agree...I watched the two programmes tonight. All throughout the presenters were saying and now presented in "brilliant 3D" or "the technology has come on a long way since the old days of 3D" before asking us to put on our 3D glasses and then subjecting us to the usual anaglyphic blurry images and weird colours and to top it all, these 3D presentations had absolutely no 3D depth to them at all. I was wearing genuine ColorCode glasses of my own and not the ones that were released but unless they've changed the colour of the filters, they didn't work well at all.
I really think this could be the nail in the coffin for domestic 3D. Hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions will have tuned in tonight and thought "Is this as far as 3D has progressed in 50 years" :cry:

Gae43

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: Sky blasts Channel 4 for low-quality 3D Week

Post by yuriythebest »

I don't have channel4 so can't critique their content- 3d in any form is nice, but the misinformation about colorcode being the paragon of 3d is well, misinformation. I hate this type of obfuscation.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “MTBS Newswire”