Read the whole story here: http://www.techradar.com/news/televisio ... ss--647971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Virgin Media's 3D TV tests 'a success'
Cable company keeping up with Joneses
by Patrick Goss
Virgin Media has successfully tested 3D television through its existing cable infrastructure and on its current set-top box.
A source within the cable company told TechRadar that the trials, which took place on a closed VoD network over the last few months, had been a complete success and prove that Sky is not the only company that can carry the higher-bandwidth programming through its infrastructure.
Virgin Media is showing off 3D television in its new store on Oxford Street, running on a V+ box, and the cable network is capable of running 3D programmes through its network should demand become high enough.
"Virgin Media is always looking at new technology to see if it is something we would like to offer as a service to our customers," a Virgin Media spokesperson told TechRadar when asked about the trial.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.