Eurogamer Expo 2009 (London) – Games Preview: Part 1

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

Avatar – The Game (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP)

Firstly we have Avatar, the game spin off from the yet-to-be released film, which was one of the more popular games on offer. Following roughly the same story as the film (or at least I imagine it does, I didn’t play the whole thing!) it’s set in the lush rainforest-like environment that is the planet Pandora and that is probably the most impressive feature in the game: the world it’s set in manages to feel both expansive (with massive surprisingly realistic trees looming in the distance) whilst not letting you walk forever in the wrong direction which is quite nice.

But by far the selling point of this game will be its 3D capabilities which you will be able to make the most of with a combination of your Xbox 360 or PS3 console and a 120Hz capable stereoscopic enabled TV with HDMI output – and although I didn’t get a chance to check this out at the Expo the word is that it’s done very well, and really adds to an already pretty good game!
Read the whole story here: http://www.zath.co.uk/eurogamer-expo-lo ... ws-part-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Other

Re: Eurogamer Expo 2009 (London) – Games Preview: Part 1

Post by Freke1 »

That is major news.

BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Re: Eurogamer Expo 2009 (London) – Games Preview: Part 1

Post by BlackShark »

Summary of the quote above :

The game is called Avatar but i'm not sure, and uh it's like the movie but i don't know about previous interviews about the game, and uh.... it's 3D it looks great but i haven't seen it for myself either.

my answer : lol
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “MTBS Newswire”