Read the whole story here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... =2520&cs=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Next 3D frontier: Bigscreen ads
Territories lining up spots for 'Avatar'
by Ian Mundell
BRUSSELS -- After a tentative start, Europe is embracing 3D in-theater advertising. Most territories are lining up 3D spots to catch the "Avatar" wave in December, with expectations of growth in 2010.
Some territories have embraced the potential of having cinema advertising match the films screening, while others have reservations. In the Netherlands, advertisers are unwilling to invest in the more costly format. And in Italy, ads are shown on different projectors from the main feature, and these are not 3D-ready.
Price is commonly mentioned as a barrier, with advertisers worried that 3D spots are expensive to produce, yet only play with a few films on a small proportion of screens.
"Our greatest challenge is to get advertisers (and media agencies) to understand that 3D productions are affordable," says Espen Strand Henriksen, marketing manager with Norway movie ad distribution company CAPA Kinoreklame.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
- Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 pm
- Location: Italy
Actually, I was really surprised when, before the Pixar's "Up" screening (about 3 weeks ago), I watched a funny s-3D commercial of some cookies (Pavesi's Gocciole...yummi...)...here in Italy!metalqueen wrote:Read the whole story here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 ... =2520&cs=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Next 3D frontier: Bigscreen ads
And in Italy, ads are shown on different projectors from the main feature, and these are not 3D-ready.