Read the whole story here: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 898118.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Odeon and UCI Cinemas gets Hollywood backing for 3D film move
James Ashton and Matthew Goodman
Odeon & UCI Cinemas has raised more than £35m and won support from three Hollywood studios to begin rolling out a new generation of digital projectors in preparation for a fresh wave of 3D movies.
Odeon, owned by Guy Hands’ Terra Firma fund, already has 187 digital screens but will begin work on upgrading all its 900 UK screens in the first half of 2010 when it signs up one more studio.
The film industry is pushing for upgrades so viewers can watch new 3D releases in all their glory. They can also charge more for tickets. James Cameron’s hotly-anticipated Avatar movie is released next month, followed by 3D versions of Toy Story 2 and Alice in Wonderland next year.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.