Read the whole review here:http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/10/02/toy ... 3d-review/Toy Story 3D Review
by Brendon Connelly
Agree or disagree about how Star Wars and Jaws shifted our habits of moviegoing forever but I don’t think I’ll be able to swallow any argument that tells me John Lasseter’s sublime Toy Story wasn’t a turning point in modern film history. There are far more fully-CG toons being catapulted into the market place now, week in, week out, than we ever received from the cel-animation studios. At the moment, far more family films are being rendered in vast farms of computers than are photographed on sound stages. Would this still have been the case had Toy Story not been so darn brilliant?
I’d say almost definitely not. Getting into the CG toon game can’t have been cheap, and without a sure-fire smash like Toy Story to dangle the mother of all ‘Nevermind’ dollar bills before the nascent industry, maybe even Dreamworks, the first of the imitators, wouldn’t have taken the dive, let alone to other, trailing copyists.
So, Toy Story’s legacy is vast. And, more specifically, it is one of those rare films with a sequel that outstrips the original’s achievements. Could it possibly stand up today?
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.