The Return of the Dimensions: Stereoscopic 3D

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

Stereoscopic 3D is one of the biggest buzzwords in CG animation for cinema and it will be drummed up further at IBC 2009. Think Up, Ice Age 3, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Toy Story 3, Monsters vs. Aliens, G-Force 3D. Imagine IMAX.

The market for 3D stereo gaming is probably even larger, with both the X-Box and PlayStation 3 expected to roll out upgrades this year to support stereo 3D. We take a look at 3D stereoscopy and how it works.

The lenses of the eyes in a healthy human being projects two slightly different pictures onto the retinas, which are then transformed by the brain, into a spatial representation.
Read the whole story here: http://www.digitalproductionme.com/arti ... scopic_3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

cybereality

Re: The Return of the Dimensions: Stereoscopic 3D

Post by cybereality »

both the X-Box and PlayStation 3 expected to roll out upgrades this year to support stereo 3D.
Oh, really? Are they talking about the Avatar game?

martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Thats funny Cyber, I thought you bought a game called invincible tiger that is working NOW? I am confused.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

martinlandau wrote:Thats funny Cyber, I thought you bought a game called invincible tiger that is working NOW? I am confused.
Yeah, I've got Invincible Tiger. But they said "upgrades". I imagine a SegaCD like device that goes on the bottom of the system and enables "Threeeeeee Deeeeeee". Haahaha!

Return to “MTBS Newswire”