34 of the coolest 3D glasses

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

Vintage classics, special editions and some good old fashioned crafting
by Dan Sung

3D just isn't going to happen in any convenient way without the glasses, so it's time to embrace the specs. Whether it's the red/cyan anaglyph type, the colourless polarised filters or even the chunky LCD shutters, there's a variation on the norm for everyone.
Read the whole story here: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/27317/3 ... 3d-glasses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 34 of the coolest 3D glasses

Post by yuriythebest »

wow and they didn't even mention the iz3d glasses? who writes these things? my comment there:
I'm totally shocked that none of the iz3d glasses made it to the list
http://www.hometheatermag.com/images/ar ... Gear.2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

instead half of your images are anaglyph glasses- typical
since I seem to be the only person commenting hopefully this'll get some attention or at least be read
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 34 of the coolest 3D glasses

Post by cybereality »

OMG! Fail! I don't see barely any shutter glasses, I mean why not show the Nvidia 3D Vision (or at least the ED, ELSA glasses or something). Maybe if the Xpand or Samsung shutters made the list that would be ok. And they could have thrown in a headset HMD maybe too. It seems like the writer when out of his way to find the geekiest, dorkiest 3D glasses available. I mean, even with all the anaglyph glasses I don't see any of the modern designs like the Anachrome aviators. EPIC FAIL!

However, this image makes the article (although I am not sure if its in a good way or a bad way):

Uhh... yeah.. in a bad way. No wonder 3D never gets off the ground.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”