Sky could go 3D next week

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

EXCLUSIVE: Creator of new technology says they don't have to wait till 2010
by Stuart Miles

Sky could offer a 3D service from next week rather than next year according to imaging industry veteran John Lowry.

Lowry and his company have developed a new way to vastly improve anaglyph images so users can immerse themselves in the movie without, importantly, having to upgrade their television and set-top box.
Read the whole story here: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/27334/s ... -go-3d-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

funkee
Cross Eyed!

Re: Sky could go 3D next week

Post by funkee »

ouch ouch ouch. Anaglyphic again. SD. Normal TV. It seems incredible to me. If they want to kill the 3D business, there are easier ways. I thought the whole point was to convince people that there was actually some progress in the past 40 years?

This will only strengthen (quite rightly, also) people's belief that 3D is not much to look at.

Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

I can't see the point of this article. Aren't they just saying that they can Broadcast 3D anaglyph over Sky? They've always been able to do that. Also, what's so "special" about this new anaglyph? They've been using green and magenta anaglyph in the past few DVD releases. Confused :?

Oh, I get it. They obviously don't want to be beaten by Channel 4 and so are taking desperate measures to be "the first broadcaster to broadcast 3D"......pathetic.

Gae43

Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

This is why 3D will be difficult to take off. People like Sky and Channel 4 running their BS is going to mess up 3D. Just say no to anaglyph! It won't even justify that premium price

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

There goes 5 years of progress, down the drain.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”