Sony 3D Blu-ray coming in 2010?

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by metalqueen »

by Pam Carroll

Update: 3D-capable TVs were all the rage at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this year. CNET staffers who saw them were underwhelmed, but that hasn't stopped vendors like Sony pushing ahead with the technology.

At a Sony Blu-ray briefing in Sydney this morning, visiting Japanese honcho Yoshinami Takahashi, the deputy senior general manager, Home Entertainment Group, Sony Corporation, confirmed that 3D Blu-ray discs and players would most likely hit the market in October or November of 2010.
Read the whole story here: http://www.cnet.com.au/sony-3d-blu-ray- ... 297894.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: Sony 3D Blu-ray coming in 2010?

Post by cybereality »

I really hope this is a serious open standard and not some ill-fated proprietary non-sense. Sony is the one company with the clout to push a standard on the rest of the industry though, so this is great news. I still haven't bought a Blu-Ray player yet, maybe I will wait for this to come though. Hopefully they will be able to enable the PS3 to do 3D-BD via a firmware update.

koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Sony 3D Blu-ray coming in 2010?

Post by koshien »

Mmmm....isn't AVATAR supposed to be the first real 3D blu-ray to hit the market...? End of 2010 is too late!
I hope for a 3D blu-ray release of AVATAR by spring 2010! Panasonic looks ready to go...

Return to “MTBS Newswire”