Multi-View 3D Display from CPT @ OPTO Expo Taiwan

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by metalqueen »

Video from OPTO Expo 2009 in Taiwan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JrnAerwx1A&feature[/youtube]

Video from http://www.firstzoom.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Multi-View 3D Display from CPT @ OPTO Expo Taiwan

Post by cybereality »

Wow! Those screens look like just what everyone has been waiting for. The laptop one was cool, but that 37"er looks boss. I wonder how many views it needs to produce the stereo effect. Would it work for games and/or current 3d movies? I would love to hear more about these screens.

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

If they had filmed the interview in 3D we could see the 3D in the big autostereoscopic monitor. :D
Nice to see these video interviews when I can't go there myself.

funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

cybereality wrote:Wow! Those screens look like just what everyone has been waiting for. The laptop one was cool, but that 37"er looks boss. I wonder how many views it needs to produce the stereo effect. Would it work for games and/or current 3d movies? I would love to hear more about these screens.
As he said, the display works with 'Philips content'. What he means is that the display supports the 2D+depth method, in which the source has to produce a depth map so that the display can calculate/render the views needed. As far as I know there is no commercially available driver that will do this for you in a normal computer game.

digow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by digow »

Hi, i wonder how this multi view displays are working? Like normal/older multi-view displays with limited number of viewers? Or is there a new technology behind this?

Return to “MTBS Newswire”