Cameron's game-changer?

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Cameron's game-changer?

Post by metalqueen »

Cameron's game-changer?
'Avatar' looks to alter Hollywood videogame biz
By Chris Morris

The track record of film-based videogames has been spotty. While there have been a handful of critical and commercial successes, the majority have been average at best -- and, frequently, embarrassing.

James Cameron plans to change that. Fox has scheduled a December release of his 3-D film "Avatar" and the filmmaker has pushed game publisher Ubisoft to create the vidgame industry's first stereoscopic title.

What's more, Cameron was so impressed by some of the shots developed by Ubisoft Digital Arts, a computer animation studio owned by the game publisher, that he will use some of them in the film.

Admittedly, these are small steps, but they signify a game-changing alliance with a multibillion-dollar industry, as Hollywood and gamemakers begin to work more closely.
Read the whole story here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=13&cs=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
cybereality

Re: Cameron's game-changer?

Post by cybereality »

...and the filmmaker has pushed game publisher Ubisoft to create the vidgame industry's first stereoscopic title
Oh really?!?!? Then what in the sam hill have I been playing all these years??!?!?!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

They can't even claim that for Consoles either!!!!

Several Steroscopic games are being released atm for console and this game's console release is way off compared to them.

So 100% not the first Stereoscopic game no matter how you twist the meaning of the sentence.

Edit: BTW, no one seems intersted in this game. Its Wikipedia page fits on one line in my sub 1080p screen!

Edit2: Don't you hate those idiot authors who get paid more than us ($0) to write about stuff they have no clue about?!
Last edited by UndeadD3vi1 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Remember this one?

Not to mention this:
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... sses/20486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Exactly :woot :shutter

Still I really don't get what qualifies that "Chris Moron" to write a review about, and state complete B.S. about when he knows absolutely nothing about this kind of thing. Fair enough, we know Avatar is going to be good, but I'm getting a overwhelming sensation of Bribed article writers who don't know what there actually talking about here.

Do we cake this one up to the guy just not knowing what he was talking about?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

craylon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by craylon »

i think people should be more forgiving :shutter

its better to lure in another batch of fans into the 3d business by overhyping avatar and slightly bending the truth then to remind them that this is the gazilionst time 3d wants to revolutionize viewing habits...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

craylon wrote:i think people should be more forgiving :shutter

its better to lure in another batch of fans into the 3d business by overhyping avatar and slightly bending the truth then to remind them that this is the gazilionst time 3d wants to revolutionize viewing habits...
That is true. Good point.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:Edit: BTW, no one seems intersted in this game. Its Wikipedia page fits on one line in my sub 1080p screen!
I don't believe this is lack of interest, just lack of available information. Even Avatar the movie (although it would seem to be one of the most awaited movies) has had very little detail released. In movie screenshots or official teasers. All that has been released of the game is 3 screenshots which actually have me very excited. I also with Craylon that, if done right, rather then reminding people of past attempts that seem to have failed to gain momentum, this can be a big push for S3D. I believe I've made it clear in the past that consoles are a great untapped market for 3D games and the idea of playing my beloved console (brand unnamed) in true stereo 3d gives me a smile from ear to ear.
My concern is that sensio isn't a fully accepted format yet and may not end up being the format of choice when Blu-Ray starts going S3D so it may be wasted effort given most people won't be upgrading to sensio supporting displays just for one game when that may be obsoleted within the next two years when the final standards are decided on.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”