Read the whole story here: http://kotaku.com/5245631/the-80-millio ... t-wii-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;The $80 Million Inspiration For Disney's Latest Wii Game
By Brian Crecente
When Disney decided to create a video game based on their ride they turned to Papaya Studios.
"We spent a lot of time with the video game development team," Pickens said. "It's crazy, crazy detailed."
While the Wii game doesn't have air or water effects, some of the games levels will include stereoscopic 3D graphics. Where the ride features 56 game screens, the Wii version has 30 mini games.
Because the game relies on the motion controls of the Wii remote, it does manage to capture much of the same feel of the ride and Disney hopes that spells increased sales. In fact, the game will be sold at the two parks right outside of the ride.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.