Read the rest of the story here: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia ... Group.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Most Consumers Have No Plans to Cut Digital Entertainment Budgets – NPD Group.
Majority of Consumers Plan to Spend Same or More on Entertainment in 2009
by Anton Shilov
According to Entertainment Trends In America, a tracking study conducted by market research company NPD Group, most consumers plan to hold steady or increase their entertainment spending in 2009.
“Even in the face of a down economy, entertainment remains a popular spending category. Most consumers say they’ll continue to purchase at least the same amount of many entertainment categories in the coming year,” said Russ Crupnick, entertainment industry analyst for NPD.
According to the NPD report, 75% of consumers surveyed said they will spend the same amount or more on digital music downloads as they did in 2008. 65% will spend the same or more on video games, and sixty percent will spend the same or more on CDs.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.