Panasonic 3D HD BRay Home Cinema James Cameron endorsed vide

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Panasonic 3D HD BRay Home Cinema James Cameron endorsed vide

Post by Silversurfer »

Available on YouTube HD & taken from the Panasonic presentation at CES 2009,this video has a live appearance from James Cameron's production partner Jon Landau (of Titanic fame) and also the up-and-coming 3-D spectacular “Avatar” which is currently in production and slated for a December 2009 release.

At one stage I’m sure I saw Neil stand up and ask a question, am I right Neil? Anyway the good quality video goes on for 6:12 minutes with the video appearance from James Cameron kicking in about 1:08 minutes andhis endorsement of Panasonic's HD Blu-ray 3D home cinema displays and film production high-definition 3D camera's lasts for a good 1:30 minutes, a good quarter of the whole video.

My interest was particularly peaked with the fact that Jon Landau, having had a sneak preview of Panasonic’s 3-D HD Blu-ray displays for the 2010 consumer market release, was quite excited at the prospect of having the film Titanic remastered for 3-D home consumption. he had no qualms in extolling the outstanding quality of the Panasonic home cinema 1080p 3-D display tech. Kind of makes you want to wait for this tech to come out and to see some of the reviews before you commit to buy your next 3-D display?

Enjoy the YouTube HD video here.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Panasonic 3D HD BRay Home Cinema James Cameron endorsed vide

Post by Jadentheman »

Yea I saw that a month ago. Panasonic is going to standardize first

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Where did you see this a month ago?

Regards,
Neil

Jadentheman

Post by Jadentheman »

Like Middle of January. On youtube

Neil

Post by Neil »

It's much cooler in person! Very bright screen, near zero ghosting, and they were running with X-PAND 3D glasses. I saw them at the 3D Entertainment Summit, though. I missed it, but I learned that they used a slightly optimized version of the same glasses at CES.

Now....if I could find 103" of space in my living room and a blank cheque from a wealthy stranger, I'd be set! :P

Regards,
Neil

Jadentheman

Post by Jadentheman »

I hope it not just 103 inch sets they're selling! Because then there would be no on eto buy it and that's bad. bring the size smaller to make it affordable. 61-75 is immersive enough. If not release a projector panny!

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Jadentheman wrote:Yea I saw that a month ago. Panasonic is going to standardize first
Please share especially if it's not appeared in the forum before. If your to busy just seen me a PM (with the link 7 i will do the work) & l give you the credit for finding the story because the MTBS pressroom isn't here to score points , just spreading the knowledge. :)

Cheerz
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Neil wrote:It's much cooler in person! Very bright screen, near zero ghosting, and they were running with X-PAND 3D glasses.
Sounds like James Cameron and Jon Landau enthusiasm was justified and that these are displays to wait for? Just a year and a half of beans on toast and selling my liver should do it but it sounds as though it will be worth it and who said suffering for your art was going to be easy :lol: . :D

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I hope this is a real standard and not just more proprietary business. I'd like to see Beowulf and other recent pictures released for the home.

Jadentheman

Post by Jadentheman »

Yea, I don't want to be promised and be all excitedd then half assed because only one format works and I need to get their hardware that cost over 10000

Return to “MTBS Newswire”