3 new prototype displays from IZ3D @ CES

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

3 new prototype displays from IZ3D @ CES

Post by Silversurfer »

Looks like iZ3D isn't resting on its laurels after reducing the price of the 22 inch monitor. It's bringing some innovative prototypes to CES 2009 according to Thomas Striegler, CEO of iZ3D LLC. He stated that "Introducing three cutting-edge 3D prototypes at CES is once again proving iZ3D is the defacto industry leader in 3D solutions," we won't argue with that.

We are already had the 26" iZ3D Prototype mentioning here in the "user contributed" section so that's no surprise but the other two prototypes are a 22" Widescreen Console Game Compatible Prototype - Now play many popular Xbox , PS3 and Wii games in 3D on the new iZ3D 22-inch game compatible monitor.
And the "iZ3D Immersion Series that gives users an incredible total 3D effect. It is a Triple iZ3D monitor setup with a flight or racing game simulator that really puts players in the experience!"

Image ImageImageImage

They also propose to show their retail displays including a Far Cry 2 themed, custom painted iZ3D monitor and matching system from Intel. Looks like it's all good from iZ3D @ CES 2009, for all those attending don't forget to take your digital cameras. :D
Last edited by Silversurfer on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Okta
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: 3 new prototype displays from IZ3D @ CES

Post by Okta »

I can just see the ADD kids trashing their 50inch plasma's for a 22inch lcd. :roll:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Okta wrote:I can just see the ADD kids trashing their 50inch plasma's for a 22inch lcd. :roll:
Is that a good or bad thing, where do you stand, I'm unclear from comment?

Cheerz :?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Okta
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Okta »

My comment meant that i dont think many console gamers will go for a 22inch Iz3d. They are too usd to gaming on large screens at a comfortable distance so i cant see them downgrading to squint there eyes at a tiny screen.

As for if i think its a good thing, i view any resource wasted in the console market as bad, although maybe it isnt so because there can be games developed for console and pc.
But the fact is pc is the suporior gaming platform and consoles are the simplified easy to use version. Thus consoles cater to the lowest common denominator and the games and interfaces are dumbed down.

Consoles are a result of the 'Idiocracy' ravaging the world. -http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pyVNlvzzSFA
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Okta,

Think of the marketing benefits of appealing to console gamers.

One qualified blurb on MTBS about PS3 and Sony got coverage on Wired, Engadget, Game Informer, Gizmodo, a million blogs...who cares how premium the solution is? MTBS is an advocacy group, and if the console market is an effective tool in spreading the popularity for this technology, why work against that?

Regards,
Neil

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

You must also think of it as a proof of concept :)

If we can develop our own technology for console on a 22", that allows for a REASON for a large size.. There is no reason for a 60" computer monitor :) It's -if anything- a proof of concept. And you must always start somewhere. This 22" prototype is a different kind of technology usage than our 22" monitor. (You can't have 2 inputs for console ;) )

ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Welder wrote:You must also think of it as a proof of concept :)

If we can develop our own technology for console on a 22", that allows for a REASON for a large size.. There is no reason for a 60" computer monitor :) It's -if anything- a proof of concept. And you must always start somewhere. This 22" prototype is a different kind of technology usage than our 22" monitor. (You can't have 2 inputs for console ;) )
I hope the console-compatible prototype is *also* PC-compatible, and not for consoles only.

I also hope that CES reports will give the details of the S3D format used by this monitor, i.e. we will know for sure what kind of S3D format the consoles will support.

wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by wuhlei »

I'm sorry does this mean the console does or will support stereoscopic?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

wuhlei wrote:I'm sorry does this mean the console does or will support stereoscopic?
It means that our monitor can support console input. Of course, the game still has to be made for 3D

Return to “MTBS Newswire”