"Alone in the Dark", Darkworks to use Trioviz 3D Game Tech

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

"Alone in the Dark", Darkworks to use Trioviz 3D Game Tech

Post by Silversurfer »

DreamWorks is currently working on "I Am Alive", an action and survival game PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, scheduled for a spring 2009 release and to be published by Ubisoft. So it seems that there content is meant for not only PC but I think more importantly game consoles so it is possible , for mass penetration , with a pair of Trioviz glasses minus any other special equipment will experience the "fully 3D interactive experiences"at hopefully none prohibitive cost.

They (Trioviz aren't, French words hard to pronounce) also claim that their non-anaglyph technology differs from existing competing tech by providing sharp images without any "ghosting," discomfort, fatigue, eye strain, or headaches!

Its partnership with DreamWorks will also provide a working Software Development Kit SDK that will give other studios access to the technology with a plan to have it ported to consoles so it's available to major game developers and their game engines.

Here's a snippet of what DreamWorks had to say: "This technology allows us to provide an incredible 3D gaming experience on existing CRT, Plasma and LCD TVs," says Darkworks product development manager Alexis Arragon. "Were excited about the possibilities and opportunities that this will open up for us as game developers for consumers to enjoy. Full 3D gaming is the next revolution in video games. Consumers will be amazed at the depth of experience that we can provide with this technology."

Article: - http://www.stereoscopy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: "Alone in the Dark", Darkworks to use Trioviz 3D Game Tech

Post by cybereality »

I wonder if this will use the same 3d technique as Avatar, both Ubisoft titles. Also the game isn't "Alone in the Dark" the title is mis-labeled.

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by pixel67 »

The story gets a bit deeper over here.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/ ... nt-summit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3D on current generation consoles, eh? :shock:
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

pixel67 wrote:3D on current generation consoles, eh? :shock:
I'll believe it when I see it. And we don't even know if these Trioviz glasses are any better than anaglyph. We'll see.

staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

Done some researching on the internet :

***Trioviz - is compared to Colorcode 3-D***
Item: At the Game Developers Conference, there was a demonstration of a new 3D technology developed by France-based Trioviz, a start-up co-founded by Christophe Brossier. Unfortunately, Insight Media was not there to see the demo and details of the technology have not been revealed. Once any stereoscopic 3D material has been encoded by Trioviz, it can be put on a DVD, played on any DVD player and shown on any television. Bloggers have compared this anaglyphic system as a more complex version of ColorCode 3-D.

***Emm seems to be no S-3D****
Well to get a better Idea I looked into Colorcode 3-D
see :http://www.colorcode3d.com/

So seems as if this wont even compare to S-3D but will defo be a lrage inprovement on red/blue

staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

was really hard to find this picture, but this shows us definatly that its some sort of red/blue color equiviant.

In the picture you can clearly see the glasses name, and a plasma/lcd tv and most of all a greenish lens for the right eye ..... emm I hope that this is so much better then the red/blue version as this is what the public will get there first tatse of home 3D..

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

staticbuddha wrote:was really hard to find this picture, but this shows us definatly that its some sort of red/blue color equiviant.
I'm seen a green tint on the lens which I also get with my standard polarised Sun glasses depending on what the background /see-through colour is behind the lens as I hold them up like this guy is doing in the picture, or is it just me?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by koshien »

Great great news for both Blitz Games Studios and Trioviz technology! Hope Trioviz technology is going to be much better than old anaglyph 3D... if it turns out to be good and succesfull thanks to Ubisoft, it might be one of the three movie versions included in the 3D blu-ray standard instead of the anaglyph 3D.
It was told ps3 will receive some tech innovations in March... it seems there is really something going on.

staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

defo gonna be great for 3D aslong as it compares to s-3D.

Think its gonna rule and may place products such as zalman and iz3d, and shutter glasses, but it will all depend ont he quailty. I searched high and low and cannot find anything about there patent or there company or anything on this product.

I cant wait to see it, this is surly gonna be the king of 3D if it works??!!

FINGERS CROSSED

Okta
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Okta »

Shenanigans, I will believe it when and 'IF' I see it.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

ssiu

Post by ssiu »

Found this short article: http://www.digitalcinemareport.com/Darkworks-Trioviz-3D
While they were in LA for the 3D Entertainment Summit, I met with Alexis Arragon, technology manager at Darkworks, and Christophe Brossier, CEO of Trioviz. Darkworks is known as the developer of the horror game Cold Fear. Trioviz offers a fascinating 3D display method that is viewable both with and without 3D glasses on ordinary television screens. When watching Trioviz-prepared content with its 3D passive glasses, you see the content in 3D. But if you take the glasses off, you just see it in 2D, without the double images normally seen with stereoscopic content. I won’t go into the details of the technology. It’s safe to say that the 3D is not as good as 3D digital cinema, but it is surprisingly good.
I am also skeptical that this is nothing more than a "glorified anaglyph", but the above sounds somewhat promising. They demo at 3D Entertainment Submit, so perhaps Neil have seen it and can tell us something?

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

ssiu wrote:I am also skeptical that this is nothing more than a "glorified anaglyph", but the above sounds somewhat promising. They demo at 3D Entertainment Submit, so perhaps Neil have seen it and can tell us something?
If this is the same or similar to Dolby3D, the basic theory may be the same than old anaglyph, but the result is completely different :!:
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

ssiu

Post by ssiu »

crim3 wrote:If this is the same or similar to Dolby3D, the basic theory may be the same than old anaglyph, but the result is completely different :!:
The key claim is that this works on any ordinary display (i.e. you don't need to buy a new monitor / HDTV). As far as I can imagine, only anaglyph can works on all displays. This is claiming to have the key advantage of anaglyph plus good color like the other "real" S-3D displays, if I understand correctly.

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

ssiu wrote:this works on any ordinary display (i.e. you don't need to buy a new monitor / HDTV).
That's what dolby also claims.... I think. :roll: This stealthy reading of the forums at work doesn't allow me to fully read articles.

But if I'm not wrong instead of expensive silver screens and cheap glasses, dolby3d uses cheap screens and expensive glasses. What theoretically translates to the use of any normal display or projector screen for home use. Of course, color reproduction must be good enough, with some kind of calibration procedure or something.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

koshien

Post by koshien »

crim3 wrote: But if I'm not wrong instead of expensive silver screens and cheap glasses, dolby3d uses cheap screens and expensive glasses. What theoretically translates to the use of any normal display or projector screen for home use. Of course, color reproduction must be good enough, with some kind of calibration procedure or something.
I don't know... I might be wrong, but these glasses don't seem too expensive to me:

Okta
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Okta »

Any reports from the "3D Entertainment Summit in Los Angeles running from 1st-2nd December 2008" when this was demoonstrated?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

koshien wrote:I don't know... I might be wrong, but these glasses don't seem too expensive to me
Found the interview :) Read from question 8 to 10:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ssiu

Post by ssiu »

crim3 wrote:
ssiu wrote:this works on any ordinary display (i.e. you don't need to buy a new monitor / HDTV).
That's what dolby also claims.... I think. :roll: This stealthy reading of the forums at work doesn't allow me to fully read articles.

But if I'm not wrong instead of expensive silver screens and cheap glasses, dolby3d uses cheap screens and expensive glasses. What theoretically translates to the use of any normal display or projector screen for home use. Of course, color reproduction must be good enough, with some kind of calibration procedure or something.
Reading the interview again http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=43 it sounds like they use regular movie screen, but special glasses AND special projector that needs to be able to display alternating left/right images at 144Hz. So no, it doesn't seem like it will work on regular 60Hz monitors / projectors / HDTV. They are also not focused on the home market.

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

ssiu wrote:Reading the interview again http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=43 it sounds like they use regular movie screen, but special glasses AND special projector that needs to be able to display alternating left/right images at 144Hz. So no, it doesn't seem like it will work on regular 60Hz monitors / projectors / HDTV. They are also not focused on the home market.
Yes, that caught my attention, too. I thought that each frame had both views at the same time like regular anaglyph. I suppose that color filtering at the quality this system offers only can be done if only one eye perspective is displayed at a time.
Ok, it can't be use at home :( Y'all are right. It's a pity, would had been a great 3D solution for gaming.

koshien

Post by koshien »

crim3 wrote:Found the interview :) Read from question 8 to 10:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_inte ... news_id=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, I didn't know that...! Much more expensive than I thought :shock:

Return to “MTBS Newswire”