It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
 Glide 2 games in stereoscopic 3D 
One Eyed Hopeful

I've made a modified version of the open source Glide wrapper OpenGlide that allows you to play Glide 2 games in stereoscopic 3D.

It supports OpenGL quad buffering, horizontal interleaving, and anaglyph.

I've also made it support resolution overriding. And I've modified it so it uses OpenGL 3.3, and is far, far, far faster than the official version of OpenGlide (which is extremely slow).

You can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5vw7cbqj8bi ... oglide.zip

This is a project I started working on in early 2012. Although it is just a prototype, it is fully functional, and works extremely well. I've been planning to make a more full-featured version at some point, but that will take some time, so for now, I'll stick with this version.

I've mainly tested it with King's Quest: Mask of Eternity, but it should work with almost any Glide 2 game.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:11 pm
Two Eyed Hopeful

Can you make a port of it that translates Glide calls to Direct3D 9.0c calls? So, Glide games would be playable in stereoscopic 3D on absolutely EVERY Windows computer system in existence.

In alternative, could you add a native side-by-side stereoscopic mode?

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 am
One Eyed Hopeful

DevilMaster wrote:
Can you make a port of it that translates Glide calls to Direct3D 9.0c calls? So, Glide games would be playable in stereoscopic 3D on absolutely EVERY Windows computer system in existence.

This would be a lot of work, and OpenGL 3.3 is far, far better. It is many generations ahead in technology (DirectX 9.0c was released in 2004; OpenGL 3.3 was released in 2010), and it natively supports stereoscopic output. And it is cross-platform.

Almost all of today's GPUs have OpenGL 3.3 drivers available for them. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

DevilMaster wrote:
In alternative, could you add a native side-by-side stereoscopic mode?

This would be extremely easy to do. I just haven't considered it a high priority.

A few weeks ago, I updated it, and it now works with the 1998 video game Recoil by Zipper Interactive. Just set CameraShift to 128 and ScreenDepth to 0.1.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 pm
   [ 3 posts ]