It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 I really need help with my LG 3DTV, please; colorbug 
One Eyed Hopeful

Hey guys, I have not posted in a while, but I have recently sold my PC and bought a new one with a GTX 780. I have also bought a new 55in LG 3DTV, and when I run 3D mode interleave through 3dvision EDID override, I get massive colorbug that I just can not get rid of.

I downloaded the Zalman EDID which has its extension bloc deleted, which apparently is meant to fix the colorbug, but it has not. I have also downloaded an ACER EDID made by buttmunch and that also still has the colorbug.

I need help on how to fix this colorbug, what should I do as I just can not play my games, way too much ghosting...please help, maybe someone can make me a EDID, I don't know...

Also, is this colorbug only with LG and no other brand?

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 am
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Have you tried the TriDef driver? Does that work? I would try not to rely on Nvidia hacks.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:55 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello, yes I have tried Tridef and even the now defunct IZ3D. They all have the same ghosting...it is unplayable\\

Any ideas anyone?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:51 am
Petrif-Eyed

What's the model of your TV ? It may be simply that there is ghosting on this particular model. Does the problem happen when you display a stereo 3D interlaced image on the TV ?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
One Eyed Hopeful

What tv model do you have. Press the info button on the remote control and tell me if you see 1080/24p on the screen or 1080/60 while running the game?

You may need to switch the input to PC and then also change the picture mode to ISF Expert to get rid of the colorbug but that is only in the case if you see 1080/24p. If not, then all you need to do is adjust sharpness. But since you say you see color ghosting, then it is probably a small adjustment needed to do on the tv to fix the problem. You will know it is an adjustment problem because the Side by Side mode will exhibit no ghosting when playing with Tridef SBS or 3DTV play frame-packing mode.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello guys, the model number is 55LA6230. I upgraded to it about two months ago. Yes, it does have severe ghosting in Interlace mode, which is what I use. I have also now bought Tridef as my trial ran out and I was unsure how bad the ghosting was. With Tridef, it is a little better, but still unplayable and annoying, with Nvidia 3D Vision EDID it is worse. 3DTV play trial was horrid. Absolutely horrid and is not an option. Even in SBS, it was very laggy and had ghosting. With Tridef SBS, it still has ghosting, mainly with daylight and sunlight ghosting into dark areas of rooms, and it just ruins the game.

Skyguy, it is in PC mode and it has no to little input lag. I have tried everything you can think of with the settings, including changing to ISF, Game etc. I have also played with all the sharpness settings possible and it still has ghosting...even in SBS it has it. My TV says 1080@60hz. I have also downloaded the EDID with the extension bloc deleted and nothing changes. I tried both Zalman and Acer etc.

What to do? What else can I do and what settings/numbers do you recommend? Also any special EDIDs?

I have called up LG and they won't give me a replacement, they are giving me the run around...I want it replaced. Is this only an LG problem?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Also, when I run 3Dvision photo viewer, they all have color and clear ghosting. You know that picture with the girl with purple hair in ponytails, her hair is double up the top, like I saw in one of your tutorials on another site. I can not get rid of it...

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:19 am
One Eyed Hopeful

If you are getting ghosting with 3DTV play and also Tridef SBS then you definitely have a bad 3dtv. This is a newer model of the LG tv so if there is that ghosting that you say even in the other modes there is no fix that I know of. You have to return it and when buying a tv next time bring your laptop with the tridef player and look at the videos on the screen for Line Interlace and SBS next time when you buy it. I would return it.

In the meantime I'm going to check to see if the girl you said in Guitar hero's hair has ghosting.

Edit: Hmm my driver install doesn't seem to have that 3D vision pack anymore. Anyways, I recall not seeing any extra purple ghosting in her hair, I remember all those pictures that were on the pack were perfect looking on my tv. It's an older model now, about 2-3 years old so it's not in production anymore. But I do remember that there was slight grey ghosting in the burnout paradise picture. It was very minimal though not something distracting/

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:03 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

I use an AMD graphics card and my LG 3DTV is the 47LM6400 (IIRC.) This model has been around for about 2 years now I believe. I have a problem running 3D from my PC as well due to scaling. The AMD card I use automatically sets the scaling to around 7% and the image is perfectly fit to my screen. The interleave mode causes some strange bands that you might perceive as a colorbug. The SBS mode is also out of alignment. When I set the overscan/underscan to 0, the image is way bigger than the screen so I am missing about 10-15% of the image. Once I do this though, the interleave and SBS 3D modes all work correctly. This is an issue I haven't solved (I mostly run my PC on my 120" projector, as I am now :)) but sometimes the crisper and brighter 3D on the TV is nice. At least I can run 3D on the LG, even if I lose some of the image.

I don't know much about how graphics cards work and am totally unfamiliar with Nvidia cards, but it sounds to me like it just may be possible that this could be the cause of your problems. My TV has almost no ghosting watching proper content, but if the 3D is way out of alignment (like when the scaling issue caused the SBS images to be way off) that could be causing the ghosting due to the exaggerated difference. I'm also not an expert on display/graphics technology, but if the scaling is off and the alignment is wrong on the interleave maybe that could be causing what appears as incorrect colors.

Tl;dr Can you make sure the overscan/underscan is set to zero for your display drivers? For AMD cards these options appear in the AMD Catalyst control center.

Also, have you tried viewing 3D content from any source other than your TV just to be completely sure, if you still think it's a hardware issue? Before complaining any more to LG, I would definitely trying hooking up to and playing from a game console or 3DBD player just to be sure.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:25 am
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyguy, man I am so pissed off. All I want is to play 3d in interleave without all this ghosting. I have called LG around 4 times now, and they keep on giving me the run around and in the end gave me a number to give to the store that I brought it from. The store then calls me back and tells me to all LG AGAIN, and they will troubleshoot me...lol. They say it is not the TV, it is the settings. If they can not fix it over the phone, they are going to send a guy over to my house to try fix it, then if he can not, then I may get a return. MAY. WTF. It is an LG colorbug. This problem is not present on any other passive 3dtv brand for fucks sake.

ADF, I have a Nvidia 670GTX. Your idea seems quite interesting to me. Yeah, my image is perfectly on the screen. So you say, now that your picture is larger than your screen, you get perfect image?

How do I find overscan/underscan? I do not have AMD Catalyst service.... I would be happy if this would work even if I miss a little bit of the picture. I was under the impression that the picture had to fit the screen at a perfect native resolution...

I have used the 3D button on normal TV and it does not have ghosting like it does in interleave. In WOW, I swear to god my character looks like 3 characters running together, that is how bad it can get!

Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:51 am
One Eyed Hopeful

A quick google search led me to the nvidia alternative to the catalyst control center. looks like you should be able to use the nvidia control center and find the display size and position settings and you should be able to adjust the overscan. since i don't have an nvidia card its hard for me to say exactly, its just a simple menu setting and i'm sure you can check google for more info than i can give you. let me know if it helps and best of luck!

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm
Petrif-Eyed

When I played a bit with 3D interleave on my LG 3D TV, it appeared to me as though the TV expects an interleave of 2 or 3 scanlines, and NOT the single scanline interleave used in typical 3D interlaced content. Just a guess based on personal observation though...

Certainly the 3D modes built into the TV use whatever is required to do it right, but when sending pre-interlaced 3D content to a non-3D viewing mode, you may need to adjust the content...

However, recently I noticed that the TV may be resizing the content to fit the screen when no in "just fit to screen" aspect mode, so it is possible that may be the problem, however I would not expect such even ghosting if that were the case, so I still think it may be that the polarized filter is more than a single scanline wide per phase change...

A quick google found another thread with an EDID "fix" for this problem:
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=13535

Apparently, the ghosting depends on which input is used, where HDMI is causing the problem. However, when I tested this I used the VGA inputs and I still had ghosting. Check the thread linked above. Although they claim you cannot select 3D modes when using the VGA input, my TV allows me to select 3D modes with any input. Perhaps it is dependent on firmware version?

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]