It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 how to create 3D SBS animation using 3D Studio Max 
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi

I am new to this forum, which looks wonderfully rich in 3D topics. Hopefully I am posting this query at the correct place.
I have recently purchased a 3D TV, and seen just ONE 3D Movie; IMAX Under the sea.
I have basic working knowledge of 3D Studio Max and want to know if we can create 3D graphics animation as SBS which I can save and see it on the Sony 3D TV

Thanks
gisproo@gmail.com

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 am
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

The best thing to do is render 2 full resolution videos from your scene, and then turn them into a SBS video using software like Stereo Movie Maker (free) or Magix Movie Edit Plus. To render out the scene you will just need to build a virtual dual camera rig, which is just 2 camera with a slight horizontal offset. In real life this would be around 65mm, but you can experiment with what works for your scene. Do not rotate the camera inward (called toe-in) as this will distort the view. Just have them face forward and you will be fine. I would recommend testing will still images first to get the settings right before you do the video. Hope that helps.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi, CyberReality

Thanks for a quick reply. I will get back once I have tested the procedure mentioned by you.
Could you please elaborate as to What RESOLUTION are you talking about when you say " render 2 full resolution videos"

Thanks

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 am

I would say at least 1280x720 if you want it to look OK on the TV. However you could just go for 1080P (1920x1080) for the best quality.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

IT IS WORKING -- THANKS & Many Thanks ANGEL.

After some efforts i have made lots of Still 3D Images that really show up great in Still format(MPO). BUT still I am unable to make a 3D Video. I am working with Stereo Movie maker, and input a Left Movie & a Right Movie. I save the output as 3D AVI or save the output as 3D Stereo. ( Save them as Uncompressed Format )

The problem is that my Sony Bravia 3D TV does not play AVI file, therefore I have to convert them to MPG4 using free converter. The out plays in a normal player but does NOT run on 3D TV

I will appreciate your kind help

Thanks

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:54 pm

It may just be a matter of choosing a different codec when outputing the video from Stereo Movie Maker. I would try H.264.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]