It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:06 am

[ 4 posts ] 
 Sony LCD 3DTV Gets Disappointing First Look 
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Quote:

Gary Merson at HD Guru has seen Sony's new KDL-55HX800 LCD 3DTV live and in person. His first take? Even a slight tilt of the head makes you see double and lose the 3D effect. Uh oh.

Merson found a whole range of things to be troubled about in his time with the Sony: double-vision, color shift, relatively shallow depth. But the main issue—as Mark reported at this year's CES—is that LCD and OLED screens just aren't up to 3D. At least not in the way that plasma displays clearly are.

It's also worth mentioning that the HX800 Merson viewed is actually the lowest end 3D model Sony offers, and in fact is technically a "3D-ready" set, meaning that it uses a separate sync transmitter instead of the integrated 3D functionality of the LX900 series. We won't know how big, if any, a difference that makes until we're able to compare the two side by side. But for now, the early returns suggest that plasma's still the early king of 3D technology. [HD Guru]

http://gizmodo.com/5561454/sony-lcd-3dt ... Gizmodo%29

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

hahaha thats funny. I can iterally jump around in the room with DLP. I suppose latter is true 120hz...

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:26 am
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Looks like the Panasonic might still be king.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Hi,

Today, I witnessed a revelation.

I went into the Sony store and inquired about the 3D LED Bravia set.

Yes, they had one available for demonstration.

I was skeptical that Sony could produce a quality 3D output, because of my earlier experience of the Samsungs LED TV technology shown with the Monsters and Aliens movie.

WOW, I was so wrong.

I watched the canned Sony S3D demos - with no 3d movies provided for comparison however - and i came away surprised and convinced that Sony has delivered a winning product.

Sony have somehow made LCD/LED TV work excellently in 3D.

I could not discern any ghosting, like I could with the Samsung model.

The effect was so real and vivid whether it was the Rio Carnivale, the soccer tournament or the undersea fish swimming around, that I believed I was there.

Sony's motto is "make.believe". I would say Sony - "make.disbelief"

Just great ......

I look forward to scrutinising the Sony and other models when they become more generally available.

Thanks.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am
   [ 4 posts ]