It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Skyrim shadows currently different for each eye 
One Eyed Hopeful

I am working on Skyrim with Vireio Perception v2.0.0.2 & Oculus Rift but can’t yet get the 'strongish' shadows to be the same for both eyes, its different for each eye (except for in proper dark/shadowy areas):
• Vanilla Skyrim installed as a Steam download (which is bundled with Dragonborn, Dawnguard & Hearthfire).
• I found a SkyrimPrefs.ini file saved in the following folders:
    o C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common \Skyrim\Skyrim
    o C:\Users\<Username>\My Documents\My Games\Skryim
• In the SkyrimPrefs.ini files under “[Display]” I’ve added a new row: "bDeferredShadows=0".
• In the BRASSA menu > GUI calibration I've set 'GUI's 3D Depth' to -0.020.

FYI:

• To open/ exit the BRASSA menu I have to press [Left hand CTRL] + [Q], i.e. not [T]
• I use C cups, the settings I arrived at so far in BRASSA:
    o World-Scale Calibration: 1 game unit = 0.000115868 metres
    o Convergence Calibration: Convergence screen = 6.24999 Metres
• Having a NVIDIA graphics card I have enabled 3D Vision. I don’t have 3D glasses but went through the setup wizard selecting ‘Discover Glasses’ & guessed the correct answers without them.
• In BRASSA >Convergence Adjustment the upper screen instructions aren’t clear, they start by saying to align right eye but not what to do with the left eye.

Its a quarter to midnight so am signing off now

Last edited by julianlewis on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

You should not need to change the ini files, that was for the older version of Vireio.
But i also have this shadow issue with "big" shadows like on houses and such.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:11 am
One Eyed Hopeful

To Do List:

• As I woke up this morning I remembered I read somewhere on this forum that the saved files might be holding information so try deleting/ removing them; Yesterday I did 'delete locally saved data' via the Steam application & reinstalled the game but come to think of it when I restarted the game I was able to continue from the last save - I need to try completely removing everything including saved game files & reinstalling then see what the shadows are like.

• I need to re-read the pdf manual about using BRASSA >Convergence Adjustment & how to set this.

• Experiment with keystrokes & try find the hard coded 'screenshot' hot key. Maybe as my Windows region & keyboard are UK/ English this has made an underlying difference in my hot key keys.

BTW: I ran through the start of the game into a cavern with a few huge spiders, they were determined to attack me - not being funny but just like Dreadhalls demo I had to take the Rift off - I need to man-up

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:04 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi virror,
Thanks for replying, I took the direction to edit the ini from this page (and a number of forum posts):
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13610&Itemid=473
See section “Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks horrible! What am I doing wrong?”

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:31 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

I've spent this evening unsuccessfully googling how to delete/clear Steam Cloud saved games. I had a brainwave - I started a new game - shadows were perfect up to the point in the game where my previous save was, finding 'safety' in the keep after watching execution & running from the dragon, but then major shadows where wrong again. I need to continue looking into this but its well past midnight so am signing off til tomorrow.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:42 pm
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

julianlewis wrote:
Hi virror,
Thanks for replying, I took the direction to edit the ini from this page (and a number of forum posts):
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13610&Itemid=473
See section “Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks horrible! What am I doing wrong?”

I think thats from the 2.0 version of vereio, it was fixed in one of the later patches if i remember correctly.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]