It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 WaveRifter 
Two Eyed Hopeful

WaveRifter is a game where you wear the rift, balance on a WiiFit board and go surfing on various beaches around the world. You've got to keep your balance on the board whilst being blindfolded by the rift but also being put off balance by the images on the screen of you riding the waves. Not only have you got to keep your balance on the board, you've got to balance your weight correctly in order to successfully ride the waves otherwise you fall off in VR (and maybe IRL too?).

What do you think?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:53 pm
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

We think you should make it! ;)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Great idea, I want to surf in VR. :D

But I think the water & waves will be quiet difficult to emulate realistic with good graphics too.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:28 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Sounds like a great way to break your rift.

but no seriously make that poop.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

I think its time to get the dust of the Wii board for some exiting Wii R ;)

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:19 am
Two Eyed Hopeful

If I knew how to make it I would, but alas I don't! I don't think I'll ever manage to surf standing up in real life, maybe if I had more time and money I could, but to be able to have a go in VR would be cool I think. I don't think it needs to be that advanced, just a mechanic where you lay on your wii fit board until the right point then balance on the wave. The graphics could be quite simple, you'd get the feeling of immersion from physically doing it and have to balance, plus being able to see the beach etc around you, even if the wave itself isn't much more graphically advanced than the water used currently in most FPS's.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:46 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

There's the possibility of also doing a skate boarding game with that tony hawk skate board controller. Similar concept. I can see lots of people falling over when they go up the vert of a half pipe :lol:

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 pm
Cross Eyed!

I had a similar idea that it would be possible to use the WiiFit board as a controller for a Magic Carpet like game (in VR). But I'm a bit concerned that it's too small to stand on without falling in VR.

I'm playing with the idea of making a cart game where you sit on the wiifit board. And then lean to control steering (or grip if you hold a wheel in your hands) and speed.

EDIT: Found a related thread on the oculus vr dev boards: https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... 219&p=6172.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]