Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Atx777
One Eyed Hopeful

Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Post by Atx777 »

This issue has been driving me nuts for the past few hours:

Whenever I load Skyrim (original release) or SKSE (the script extender) through Tridef 6.7; once I get to the title screen Steam loads a generic “Gamepad” profile, even though I have an Xbox One controller as recognized otherwise (and, yeah, the controls all work when not using Tridef). Once it loads that profile, strange things happen:

- The controller doesn’t work at all
- But, the visible button callouts still show [(A) for “Yes”, for instance],when trying to quit the game from the title
- The Keyboard’s escape-key also doesn’t function, if a save game is loaded into active gameplay
- If I have to force quit, by alt-tabbing out, on return to Steam, all the views like Library, Store... etc. will not load and will stay pitch black. I can still look at Settings though
- If I go into Big Picture Mode at this point, and head to Settings/Controller, it says “No controller detected”
- I then have to exit Steam entirely, from the system tray, in order to get Steam back to normal on reload.

It’s as if Tridef 6.7 is piggyback-loading and causing a corrupt version of the Steam interface and functionality.

But here’s the real kicker: everything runs fine if I load the game through Tridef while using a STEAM CONTROLLER. To make sure there wasn’t some type of conflict with the X1 pad, I: took the batteries out of the Steam controller; Took out the Steam USB dongle from my PC, and restarted the system.

All that still didn’t make the X1 controller work correctly.

And here’s another weird thing, if I load Steam first and THEN the Tridef SKSE profile, I can at least play the game with the X1 pad, but I still can’t get the Big Picture controller interface overlay to work; That’s even after I made sure to force it (Game/Properties/Enable BPM overlay— FORCE ON), in game settings.

Has anyone else got Big Picture Mode, or its overlay to work with Tridef? Because I really don’t get why this shiz is happening.

Atx777
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Big Picture overlay and Tridef problem

Post by Atx777 »

Oh btw, my specs:

Windows 10 home premium
Tridef 6.7 (confirmed safe crack)
i7 2700
RTX 2080 (newest GeForce drivers)
8 Gb RAM
Newest Steam Client
X1 wireless controller

The reason I need to solve this is I have a bunch of command and item shortcuts set up through the Big Picture overlay, and those shortcuts will not work without the overlay.

I could use the Steam Controller, but, lol, I don’t want to.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”