Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (Now with RTX Support)

helifax
Certif-Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (Now with RTX Support)

Post by helifax »

Kermitou wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:51 pm Yes thank you so much :-)
Last questions :
- 3D Vision PC : if right, 3D monitor have only DVI port, like mine, ASUS VGH27R, so to connect an RTX3070 (display port) to the monitor, it's absolutely necessary to put and adapter Display port -> DVI ? wich one ?
- 3D SBS videoprojector : what is the best connection between the PC and the Videoprojector, HDMI RTX 3070 -> Optoma UHL55 ? or RTX 3070 Display Port -> Adaptater -> HDMI Videoprojrctor

Thank you again :D
1. That is correct. I also use my Area 51m for Stereo3D and I use a miniDP to DVI active adapter on an Asus 3DVision2 monitor (sorry can't remember the model). It works fine once it has been activated on a GPU with DVI (There are quite a few threads and posts about it. I know I said it in the past a few times).
2. This is a bit above something I can say, as I never tried any of that hardware, but in General, Display Port > DVI > HDMI (you get a lot more bandwidth in that order and such better capabilities).

Hope this helps ;)
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov

helifax
Certif-Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver

Post by helifax »

Shift-E wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 am
helifax wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:57 pm DLSS "kinda" works, but not the way you expect.
DLSS uses Sequential frames ("Oh shock" :shock:, like me for Stereo3D). As a result, it tries to detect the motion vectors and uses accumulation buffers between consecutive frames. Problem is, I drastically change the image between 2 frames, so DLLS has trouble detecting and Upsampling :lol:
As a result, it works, but you will see the INTERNAL resolution it uses and NOT the upscaled one :D Plus some Temporal Accumulation buffer errors.

So.. sadly, DLLS doesn't give us a lot...
However the game uses Nvidia Adaptive Sampling (which also uses Tensor Cores as DLSS - just no AI). This is per FRAME. It basically upscales or downscales the image in order to maintain a certain FPS :) And this works perfectly!
In the screenshots and video I have it on (the video - since I used Shadowplay has around 5-8% lower framerate than the actual game)
OFC, If you want RTX and 60FPS in 3D (basically RTX @ 120FPS) 1080p is the Resolution to go (maybe some 1440p, but defo NO 4K in 3D :lol: ).
Then again maybe on an RTX 3090 or in the future RTX 4000 series ? :D
ahh thats a bummer, I've really been impressed with recent improvements to DLSS. I also dislike TAA due to the blur it introduces, so DLSS was a win-win -- it removes blur and gives sharper image with more detail AND gives you back up to 50% performance. But with all that said, I would gladly trade it for S3D :D

Its a shame none of the checkerboarding type solutions took off on PC, Watch Dogs 2 had a nice one called "Temporal Filtering". I remember having a hard time telling the difference from native 4K, and it worked great with the 3D fix. Then ubisoft never used it again (!), which is weird because Wildlands, Origins, etc could all have used it. I was hoping it would be included in all of their games.

Anyways back to this great breakthrough, so I was not paying attention to the 3D Vision solution (glasses & pyramid) being a 3Dtv user and all -- but if a user uses the dx9 renderer, they can acually use whatever GPU they want right (there is no driver limit)? and this I know is true for SBS/TaB as it doesn't even use the Nvidia Drivers for 3D (tested this myself with no 3D installed). After seeing this with my own two eyes, it's kind of hard not to get excited about the possible light at the end of the tunnel you have shown us. I understand nothing is a given, and a DX12 wrapper may never happen - but clearly it is possible in the future to be playing Vulkan and DX12 games on a 4090ti with full Ray Tracing! This could carry us well into the future. I mean we already have Vulkan thanks to you, I hope people appreciate what an advancement this is! :shock: :idea: :!:

Now we just need more developers to release their games with a vulkan option!!! :lol:
That is correct :)
If DX9 is used (default) for 3D Vision on any GPU RTX2000 or RTX3000, the 3DVision driver still works - it can still put your monitor in 3D, sync glasses & emitter - how long this will last? Until Nvidia will deprecate DX9 and rewrite some code. Personally I don't think this will happen soon or not at all. DX9 is "legacy mode" and no developer will touch "old" code unless they need to.
For VR or SBS Modes, it doesn't matter. No 3D Vision driver is required.
DLSS is not off the table yet (I am sure, there are things there that can be done, I just haven't even looked at it :)) I was just reporting what I was seeing ^_^ Probably if I fix those Temporal Accumulation buffer issues, it will "magically work" - damn AI :P )

Cheers
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

I hope RDR2 is next, please please please!!!

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

I just finished Old Blood, bloody hell if I can say so ...
What a trip it was to play these great games back to back, thanks to Helifax' skill and generosity. THANK YOU HELIFAX!

I started Wolfenstein 2, and ... that's in a different class entirely. I never thought I would experience this in my lifetime. Man, that's some holodeck type sh*t! Crisp textures, great game from the start, exciting premise, and ... really ... 4K 60 fps locked, what the actual heck? My PC just does not even care that I'm rendering in 4K, 3D, OLED, Ultra texture and effects. it just pushes 60fps like it's nothing. This really never happens. I mean, bloody hell, how unoptimized is this DirectX crap anyway (plus the 3-core bug).

Good think is, I cannot stop playing, because I still cannot believe what I'm seeing (like, probably there is a dedicated Wolf2 post here somewhere, who cares, I'm typing in the first post I opened, maybe I'm posting this in the Trine 4 or the PGA21 post, I don't care)

Bad thing is, 3D had already spoiled gaming for me forever. Now it looks like VK3D spoiled 3D for me forever; so I'll get old and die playing Wolf2 and Doom in a loop, with some No Man's sky or Surge 2 thrown in, curtesy of Kai and MasterOtaku (although frame sync is really a big deal and a game changer, and those other games don't have this).

That's it, I'm stopping now, these 5 minutes I've been typing could have been spent running around the submarine quarters and drooling at the texture and the smoothness, and the colors and the ... and the ...
Wonder if I'll ever have the nerve to leave the submarine to go into a new mission...

What have you done to us Helifax???? Why????

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Yes, have to agree with this. These vulkan fixes are some next level stuff. No doubt about that. Silky smooth awesomeness.
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:27 pm Bad thing is, 3D had already spoiled gaming for me forever. Now it looks like VK3D spoiled 3D for me forever; so I'll get old and die playing Wolf2 and Doom in a loop, with some No Man's sky or Surge 2 thrown in, curtesy of Kai and MasterOtaku (although frame sync is really a big deal and a game changer, and those other games don't have this).
Yeah, I promised Masterotaku I will look at The Surge 2 and add FrameSync to it from the moment he made the fix! It is STILL on my TODO list ^_^ Mea Culpa for not doing this yet! But I do want to do it, as I was a great FAN of the first game (If I remember correctly I made a 3DVision fix for The Surge (1) back in the day?!)
I really do want to play The Surge 2 but didn't get around it!
Zappologist wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:27 pm What have you done to us Helifax???? Why????
:mrgreen:
Wait till you see RTX ;) That will be even a BIGGER blast ^_^
Last edited by helifax on Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

So... RTX OFF vs RTX ON :mrgreen: :woot
(Which one do you prefer :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :lol: ) (FAKE or REAL ONE ^_^)

Check out the video , just to see how A game can look in Stereo3D with Screen Space Reflections(fake) VS Raytraced Reflections (physically based) :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :woot

YOUTUBE Video
===============================================================================================
https://youtu.be/ZjUJpQ3xDrg
(And if you watched the video and liked it, at least leave a "Like" on Youtube :D Thanks)
===============================================================================================

Cheers,
Helifax

PS:
Yes, the fix is coming!
However, Raytracing in Vulkan has MORE than one version (you have the original one from Nvidia and from December 2020, you now have the Khronos version :geek:) Been doing a lot of code writing, optimizing and refactoring in order to support both! :ugeek:

thebigdogma
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by thebigdogma »

Wow... that is the good stuff! :woot

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:49 pm I hope RDR2 is next, please please please!!!
yes.. this is the Number 1 request I get... :lol:
I did say it before and I am going to repeat it....
I am NOT interested in fixing A game. I am interested in technology and what it brings! Don't get me wrong, I do love Red Dead Redemption 2 ( I played it 4 time on PS4 Pro, when it was released). However, that is a PROPRIATARY engine, with caveats and NO Shader Reflection information! And as such, it will take a lot of time to just understand how the engine works and does the rendering. I did not say it's OFF the table either! I kind of hoped somebody else would look at it by now, since they have the means to do it via Vk3DVision, but it turns out that I will probably have to do it... at some point in the future...

In the meantime #RTXON :lol: (because, I think this is more important than RDR2, technology wise in Stereoscopic 3D!) :ugeek:

whyme466
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by whyme466 »

@helifax - how does game performance change with RTX enabled, when using your 2080Ti (a card several other forums users also have). Does the reflection image quality improvement justify the performance loss, in your opinion? I read that some recent games like Watchdog Legions can take a real performance hit if RTX is enabled, and my setup is already struggling to maintain at least 4K 25 fps in these games...
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, merged 452.06 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. Prefer wireless Vive Pro with Gear VR lens mod (MUCH larger sweet spot), also have Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.

Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

helifax wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 pm
VegetaSuperSaiyan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:49 pm I hope RDR2 is next, please please please!!!
yes.. this is the Number 1 request I get... :lol:
I did say it before and I am going to repeat it....
I am NOT interested in fixing A game. I am interested in technology and what it brings! Don't get me wrong, I do love Red Dead Redemption 2 ( I played it 4 time on PS4 Pro, when it was released). However, that is a PROPRIATARY engine, with caveats and NO Shader Reflection information! And as such, it will take a lot of time to just understand how the engine works and does the rendering. I did not say it's OFF the table either! I kind of hoped somebody else would look at it by now, since they have the means to do it via Vk3DVision, but it turns out that I will probably have to do it... at some point in the future...

In the meantime #RTXON :lol: (because, I think this is more important than RDR2, technology wise in Stereoscopic 3D!) :ugeek:
4 times? damn. Future you should have told PS4 you that you would develop a Vulkan 3D wrapper and to wait for it before starting playthrough #3 :lol: (I'm sure you are more than capable of creating a time travel device, you are just focused on MUCH more important stuff like 3D!) I only played it once on pc, and its definitely one of my favorite games ever. I have been tempted during the pandemic to start a second run using superdepth3d...but now, forget it! I will wait as long as it takes, no rush here. I honestly can't even imagine that game in true 3D. I just wish it wasn't such a nightmare to fix.

Super excited for ray tracing in true 3D though, I have a lot of Wolf to get through before I can experience this technical breakthrough though. A LOT of Nazis standing in my way...

VegetaSuperSaiyan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by VegetaSuperSaiyan »

Even Baldur's Gate 3 has Vulkan Rendering and so does Dota 2

zendiego
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zendiego »

Wow, ray tracing looks terrific in the video! I can imagine a few years from now after the crypto apocalypse, we will finally get normal hardware cycles again and AMD applies the same butt hurt it has ravaged on intel to nvidia. We can finally get bleeding edge red team gpus at a decent price and helifax's Vk3d will be pumping on all cylinders or is it coils....we will be in for a real treat as games will be even more ray traced fantastic and perhaps even in that future we have a new generation of shader hackers to help out and perhaps some much improved tools to help in that regard.

Lysander
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Well, you still need nvidia cards for 3d vision but at least we can use 30xx and hopefully future gens for vk3dv.
Last edited by Lysander on Wed May 05, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryzen 5 3600X, RTX2060, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, VG278H.

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:05 pm Well, you still need nvidia cards to output the 3d but at least we can use 30xx and hopefully future gems for vk3dv.
Nope, not true... I use mostly VR and hardly ever use 3D Vision anymore.
I know there is an issue, that was reported, with the AMD GPUs and that Vk3DVision crashes on AMD Gpus. That can be fixed, if I have an AMD GPU (which I don't).
There isn''t ANYTHING that requires a NVIDIA GPU in there (except 3D Vision - but this is also EOL tech right ^_^ )...

RTX is now available on AMD as well, so not even that is "stuck to Nvidia" anymore.
DLSS (currently is the only win - but not in 3D) and that will change at some point.

Sure, a Nvidia GPU will still give the "best outcome" but it WILL NOT BE MANDATORY as it was the with 3D Vision (not to mention THEIR STUPIDLY SELECTED ONLY 3D VISION MONITORS + their OWN glasses ^_^ Did I rant enough? :) )

Lysander
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

ok, I corrected my statement, I meant specifically for 3dv. I forget there are other 3d outputs :)

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

The first 30 Minutes of the upcoming Wolfenstein: Yougblood RTX Stereo3D fix:

https://youtu.be/Xkk8lgTdTAo
(And if you watched the video and liked it, at least leave a "Like" on Youtube :D Thanks)

Things to note:
- Raytracing is now fully and correctly fixed (there were a few issues in the screenshots and video I posted before).
- Raytracing also supports Custom Convergence and Custom Weapon Depth.
- Unlocked Cutscene FPS from 30 to basically unlimited FPS (The game, for some unknown reason... locks the cutscenes to 30 FPS :shock: Yupp you read correctly, 30 not 60. That translates to 15 FPS in Stereo3D ^_^. So I had to fix this, as seen in the video).
- Obviously all the other things fixed, like shadows, volumetric effects, glass refraction, texture clipping, fog, non-RTX lighting system, UI, etc, etc, etc (The game also is fixed without Raytracing enabled, BUT it will require an RTX 2000/3000 GPU simply because on older GPUs it will make other shaders - like Wolf 2. And honestly, I don't want to fix it 2 times ^_^).
- Frame Synchronization, of course ^_^.

Testing is coming along nicely and I should be able to get the fix released in the following days ^_^
Stay tuned!

Helifax

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

SO AWESOME THIS!!! :woot
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector

thebigdogma

Post by thebigdogma »

:shock: :woot

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

There are very few things in our 3D world to be excited about. This is really something, though.
Congratulations Helifax, looking forward to the fix. Looks great on Youtube, got my like.

What's really impressive for me is how quickly you fixed it. If it's ready in a few days, and you started like a week ago, even factoring in that you probably worked no more than 2-4 hours per day on it and that you have a deep knowledge of your own wrapper , and that you might have leveraged some methods/resources from the Wolf2 fix - the quick turnaround is still extremely impressive.

A few years ago I could not care less about Vulkan. Its creation and development went unnoticed for me. Now, I'm praying that every new game has a Vulkan renderer, and I'm already checking often to see what other Vulkan games exist. Maybe one day it will be the turn of Rage 2, or RDR2, or other awesome games, to be fixed.
Rare exciting moments, in this grim landscape.

Lysander
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Zappologist wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 pm A few years ago I could not care less about Vulkan. Its creation and development went unnoticed for me. Now, I'm praying that every new game has a Vulkan renderer, and I'm already checking often to see what other Vulkan games exist. Maybe one day it will be the turn of Rage 2, or RDR2, or other awesome games, to be fixed.
Rare exciting moments, in this grim landscape.
Yeah, same here. Unfortunately Vulkan is not gaining much traction, I'm afraid, but fingers crossed. Things like Baldur's Gate 3 and Crysis Remastered give some hope, I'm glad Larian's engine incorporated Vulkan, at least hopefully a few of their future games will have it.

Regarding Rage 2 - maybe our good bud DJ-RK would want to take a stab? I know he had interest but thought Helifax "claimed it" but Helifax clearly said now that he's open to others fixing some of the remaining games to offload his plate a little bit, so perhaps that wouldn't be stepping on his toes? :) Just a thought, thank you guys for all you have done and are doing, the pool of games is amazing and it's pure joy to see it still grow :)

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

I see quite a few comments here that I want to answer, so sorry that I don't quote anyone ^_^

I got familiar with the IDTech Engine with the Original Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood back in the day. (That is IDTech5) and RAGE (Original).
I fixed all of those, but well.. the fact that the games were locked to 60 FPS made it that not a lot of people tried or used the fixes ^_^. I know 30 FPS in 3D is not fun, especially if it isn't synchronized properly. :(
I then tried and fixed Doom (2016) to some degree (IDTech5.5/6). I call it 5.5/6 because it isn't either 5 or 6 but a cross-breed "in-between" ^_^
I then Fixed Doom Eternal (IDTech 7) revisited Doom(2016) on Vulkan (IDTech 6), fixed Wolf II (IDtech 6) and refixed the older Wolf games (IDTech5) and now Youngblood (IDTech6+ RTX).

Because it's the same engine, with various iterations, some principles are the same, sure there are new things in each version, but internally, the engine looks the same and at this point "very familiar" ^_^ (Kinda how every Unreal Engine 4 game looks internally ^_^).
So, me fixing the Rasterization part of Youngblood wasn''t really hard ^_^. Raytracing on the other hand was the new thing, that I had to do from scratch (both Vulkan API - code and shader wise).

Now that I know this engine very well:
In regards to Rage II, yes I will want to fix that as well as revisiting Rage (I) and redo the fix and update it as I did with the Wolfenstein games ^_^
Sure, if someone else wants to get a Stab at either Rage (OpenGL) or Rage II (Vulkan) please do! :)

There are also other things that I would like to "play with" like getting DLSS to work in Stereo3D ^_^ (this will be pretty time consuming because of the missing Shader Reflection Information, but I know it is possible. Then again, Nvidia is very non-open about how DLSS works, so all I have is "reverse engineered" thoughts and "guess-work" ^_^.

RDR2 will probably come at some point. There are other issues there, as well as missing Shader Reflection Information as well. So.. that would literally be me trying to fix a new engine from scratch, not fun ^_^. If someone wants to help, please do, but so far in the last year, I had 0 volunteers, so... :)

Hope this gives a better understanding on all the comments and topics ^_^

There are actually quite a lot of games on Vulkan, however there are more on LINUX than on Windows, simply because on Windows they are released as DX12. On Linux or Stadia there are Vulkan ports of the same games. (If only we could get them on Windows heh :lol: )
I also kind of hopped that maybe someone else would be interested in doing a DX12 Stereo3D driver, now that they see it is possible and I could help along, but this hasn't happen yet.
Don't get me wrong, yes, I could do a DX12 Stereo3D driver as well. However, maintaining more than 1 project in my free time is problematic. (Remember, this is a hobby and a passion of mine, I don't work on this full time ^_^. If I would be "a company" then things would be different... :lol: )

Cheers,
Helifax
Last edited by helifax on Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harisukro
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Wow helifax ready for Mission Impossible 2 (DX12 Stereo3D driver) :woot

Skawen
Cross Eyed!

Post by Skawen »

Thank You Helifax for amazing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus fix, playing this game is a pure joy :)
NewColossus_x64vk009_085.jpg
NewColossus_x64vk006_085.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zendiego
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zendiego »

In antici...pation for the youngblood work, I purchased the game in France at least on gamivo (me poor, non american salary $$$). Now it works fine for me in Steam, downloaded playing in glorius...ly awful 2D....so not that I have much cred here but at least for those who have need of a discount... Now to choose between a car or a 3080, wait a used car is cheaper here, guess will go with the car...naaaaa, ok maybe a 20xx at a garage sale...do they still have those?

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

Ladies and gents,

Today is the day when Vk3DVision v.3.0.0 is released :!:

Updates:
Ray Tracing support for: VK_KHR_ray_tracing_pipeline & VK_NV_ray_tracing :shutter
New Spirv-Cross compiler for GLSL Shader Version 460 (required for RT).
Some minor bug fixes.

And while this might not be the most interesting thing for everyone, the release also comes with
Wolfenstein: Youngblood - RT Stereo3D Fix! (The first and only game to feature Ray Tracing in Stereo3D) :lol: :oops:

========
Fixed:
========
- Removed 30FPS lock for in-game cinematics! (They now render up to 1000 FPS)
- Making the game render in Stereo under Vulkan.
- All Shadows & All Lights.
- Volumetric Light and Effects.
- All texture Clipping for lights and decals.
- Glass Refractions & Reflections.
- Ambient & Dynamic Reflections.
- Ray Traced Reflections.
- Screen Space Reflections are fixed to some degree.
- Lens Flares.
- Fixed UI and pushed crosshair to depth.
- Many other smaller things.
- Weapons Custom Depth: This pushes the Weapons at a lower depth than the rest of the world. This helps making the world have more “depth”.

:!: :!: :!: - The fix requires a NVIDIA RTX GPU (2000 or 3000 series). The game will generate different shaders on older GPU series:
As a result, this means I would have to re-do the fix from zero to support those GPUs (like I did for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus). This is something that I do not want to do currently.
I recommend the latest Nvidia Drivers, but this should also work with 452.06 :!:

As always you can find the fix on: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html#W

With this being said, read the Readme file, don't go CRAZY with the settings, we are talking about a Ray Traced game here after all! :!: and most importantly have fun and be amazed how awesome RT looks in Stereo3D :lol: :woot

Cheers,
Helifax

Gatorkea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Gatorkea »

My favorite part of the new version is more than 30 fps cutscenes

thebigdogma

Post by thebigdogma »

So, so Awesome! Thanks Helifax... this is a very significant moment in 3D gaming, IMHO!

And, also IMHO, I think the game is underrated. Is it my favorite in the series? No... but, more Wolfenstein is always good Wolfenstein!

Will put it through the paces later today, after Mother's day duties. :D

thebigdogma

Post by thebigdogma »

Question...

Does this new version of VK3D work with Wolf 2, Doom Eternal, etc., or, because of the RT, is it a separate deal?

Thanks again!

Lysander
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

Ooooh shiiiiiiiiizzz! Can't wait to try it out this evening!

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 am Question...

Does this new version of VK3D work with Wolf 2, Doom Eternal, etc., or, because of the RT, is it a separate deal?

Thanks again!
Yes, it works with all fixes.

Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Wow! This day goes down in 3d history! Congratulations! And thank you!!

thebigdogma

Post by thebigdogma »

Just played for an hour or so... PHENOMENAL performance! Running 1080p on a 2070 with settings per readme, plus most other settings on Ultra, game running smooth as silk - combo of S3D and RT is simply amazing!

Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

Hi helifax, your vulkan drivers work very fine with all the doom and wolfenstein games :-) ...But, very strange things happen, concerning gameplay, linked to the 3D version of the game. When I'm hit by a monster, outside, I'm projected, throwned ... very far away, in the highs, in the lambs or in the bottom ...and finish dead or in the impossibility to continue ...Very weird :-) Have you the same thing ? So, it'as very difficult to sometimes end a mission outdoor :-) ...Thank you again and again ...

zendiego
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zendiego »

First, thanks for this incredible and ground breaking fix helifax. I have tried this out on a 2080ti and get almost a constant 60 fps at 2K res. So RTX is well, words can't describe the reflections in everything from a chrome plated pipe, mirrors, golden bed sheet logos on the zepplin, water puddles of course and most of all the damn disco ball ... WTF ... I mean, this is just a drug, mind altering trip. The reflections turn this game into the most visceral experience I have ever had in PC gaming ... My mind is blown ... thanks helifax for letting me glimpse one of the greatest breakthroughs in gaming that | have witnessed in my many moons of gaming. This tops everything I have ever seen! It is fitting that the last time I had my mind blown like this was when I first picked up quake shareware from egghead software, I plopped that CD into my PC and well the rest is history ... This community is too damn lucky to have this genius donating his time to such a passion!

Zappologist
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zappologist »

This was always going to be one of the true great remaining landmarks of 3D gaming, comparable to a new DX12 wrapper for example. And Helifax was there, the first to plant his flag in the ground.
This is 3D history in the making, and we should be very proud to be part of it, even if the world of visual entertainment as a whole will not even notice it.
Congratulations Helifax, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us! Looking forward to checking it out and drooling on the floor :-)

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot :woot :woot

Lysander
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Lysander »

thebigdogma wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm Just played for an hour or so... PHENOMENAL performance! Running 1080p on a 2070 with settings per readme, plus most other settings on Ultra, game running smooth as silk - combo of S3D and RT is simply amazing!
Interesting you say that, I was getting 40-50 on 2060 on LOWEST settings @1080 - just in closed areas at the beginning of the game. Only when I went down to 13xx was I able to maintain constant 60. Looks like I'll be holding off on this one till for the future, but big congratulations Helifax and thank you for this wonderful achievement!

Losti
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Losti »

OMG so it seems that i have to Tuch wolfenstein because of this....um.....RTX 2080 Ti is 1400 in eBay:-(

Heli Thanks a Lot! This is amazing!!

Lets see if i can enjoy having a look if i am able to get a Card for;-)

helifax
Certif-Eyed!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:15 pm
thebigdogma wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm Just played for an hour or so... PHENOMENAL performance! Running 1080p on a 2070 with settings per readme, plus most other settings on Ultra, game running smooth as silk - combo of S3D and RT is simply amazing!
Interesting you say that, I was getting 40-50 on 2060 on LOWEST settings @1080 - just in closed areas at the beginning of the game. Only when I went down to 13xx was I able to maintain constant 60. Looks like I'll be holding off on this one till for the future, but big congratulations Helifax and thank you for this wonderful achievement!
Yeah.. I think the 2060 has to few RT cores :( and as an RT entry card it will not perform that well.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/gu ... nce-guide/
What this means for gamers is playing at higher output resolutions and quality settings with ray tracing enabled: in Wolfenstein: Youngblood, the GeForce RTX 2060 delivers over 80 FPS at 1920x1080 with RT and DLSS, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti exceeds 100 FPS at 4K.
So even with DLSS enabled it still can't get to 120FPS with RT @ 1080p.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”