It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Doom 3 BFG 
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Introduction

The Doom franchise started as a follow-up to Castle Wolfenstein 3D, and arguably marked itself as a true proof of concept for the first person shooter, and popularized the genre into the gaming standard we have today.

Thinking back to 1993, I think everyone has a Doom story to share. Mine is that I showed it off to my soon to be girlfriend. I don't think she was as impressed with the game as I was, and I honestly don't know why she pursued me after I used Doom as my courtship showpiece, but maybe...just maybe...I owe John Carmack more than he realizes!
Read full article...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:00 am
Profile WWW

Great! Can't wait to play this on the Rift.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Sounds very nice indeed! What has always bugged me with Doom 3 was what you described at one point, the "jump into your face" tactic of scaring me, I don't find that very enjoyable as it is a fairly cheap method and does not really set a mood. Just getting creeped out by sounds is good enough for me.

I do like that they have brightened it up a bit though, I want to see what I'm supposed to shoot, and I think I heard in an interview that you can use the flashlight at any time now without switching out your weapon. That sure will make it a smoother experience.

And as cybereality I'm very much looking forward to playing this on the Rift... just worried I will be too scared to play for long ._.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

It's a tense game for sure.

Regards,
Neil

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
One Eyed Hopeful

I've just installed it and tried to play in side by side, it's the only game that gives me an insane amout of crosstalk, making it 100% unplayable, am I doing something wrong?
I'm using the in game 3d option by the way, if I try to run it through tridef3d it doesn't find the game in the list of supported ones :(

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:37 pm

The DOOM3 environment is probably the worst-case-scenario for ghosting on 3D TVs. Adjusting the settings on the TV may mitigate the issue but its probably not fixable.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]