It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

In my opinion, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an incredible feat in stereoscopic 3D game immersion. Do you agree?

I have to confess that while I have 180+ hours of game play on record, I haven't finished the game yet. Have any of you? Do you think you would have finished it had you played it in 2D instead of 3D?

Regards.
Neil

Fri May 09, 2008 12:50 am
Profile WWW
One Eyed Hopeful

Oh man, I'm playing through Oblivion right now in 2D, despite my 3D-capable 61-inch DLP screen sitting in my living room. I love the game, and it seems a prime candidate for stereoscopic play, but alas, TriDef doesn't support this game with their title-by-title 3D drivers, and I've only got an 8800-series card. How very frustrating! I've mentioned to TriDef this is a game that NEEDS stereo drivers. I hope they heard my plea, or that iZ3D's drivers will soon be compatible with 3D-DLPs and Plasmas. I will gladly fork over the $200 for iZ3D's drivers once they implement checkerboard stereo 3D support.

</end of rant>

Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 am
Profile WWW
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Neil

Fri May 09, 2008 11:06 am
Profile WWW
One Eyed Hopeful

Indeed. I really hope that these companies involved in stereo 3d start working together to support a wider range of technologies, video cards, and games. I am very grateful that MTBS3D exists to help that take place, and it appears as though it's starting to happen. But I'm by nature not a very patient person, so it's hard to sit idly by waiting for these companies to 'get it'.

</end of second rant>

Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Two Eyed Hopeful

Well I finally picked up the Collectors "Game of the Year" edition of Obliviion for my PC and 3d (already had the Xbox360 version that I had put a lot of hours into). The game does look grea\t on my IZ3D as well. There was little bothersome 'ghosting' on the default IZ3D setting and the game ran at max settings for me without incident (except for disabling character shadows and foliage shadows).

There is one visual anomoly that I found very distracting and I was a bit suprised it wasn't mentioned in the review. I noticed that the night skies have stars that present themselves closer to the viewer than the surrounding mountains, which is very distracting when travelling at night and a bit disappointing since the skies in Oblivion are one of the (many) highpoints of the game . I hope the IZ3D folks can fix it in thier next driver release!

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:00 pm
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

BTW Ryan, you can use the iZ3D driver on your DLP with Oblivion. Works great except for some sky and HUD issues.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]