It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MTBS Reviews the Oculus Rift S at GDC 2019 
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

ImageStill some gems remain from the Game Developers Conference!  We got to try out the Oculus Rift S and Oculus Quest during the show, and MTBS' Kris Roberts wrote up this product review for the Rift S shortly after the conference.  We look forward to doing fuller product reviews when we have the Oculus Quest and Rift S in-hand.

Read full article...

Wed May 01, 2019 9:15 am
Profile WWW
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Cool. I pre-ordered one.

I know it's not a huge upgrade, but should be a decent bit better while removing the need for extra sensors/wires in the room.

Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

I am still happy with my CV1 and Vive. The only thing is if these headsets break then I have to order a new headset. I am thinking the Oculus Quest will be kind of cool since it's wireless and has good support. The only thing is that you have to keep charging it and the battery only lasts around 2-3 hours per charge. I'll have to see my budget later on but looks promising.

The resolution and optics are better I heard and I can't imagine things better than the Gen1 headsets.

I am very happy that Vr is still being developed, CyberTech is so dreamy and it's finally real. At least the companies had a starting point to work on and now they know the needs of a Vr echosystem.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Two Eyed Hopeful

You can still plug the quest on a powerbank to extend the battery life, but the quest is more aimed at people who doesn't have a gaming PC, even a game as simple as beatsaber doesn't look as good as on PC. If you want to go wireless on PC there is still the HTC wireless adapter, but there is some compatibility issues with AMD processors :(

Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]