DOOM Eternal

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

DOOM Eternal

Post by RAGEdemon »

Hi guys!

It looks like Doom Eternal has finally been released.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/DOOM_Eternal/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvV4GE8vVA

Helifax had made an amazing fix for Doom 2016. Is there any interest from anyone in this? :)
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti | 32GB 3866MHz RAM | Optane SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

masterotaku
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: DOOM Eternal

Post by masterotaku »

RAGEdemon wrote:Is there any interest from anyone in this?
I'm going to tell you what there isn't: Vulkan tools to fix the game :twisted:

lohan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lohan »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Necropants
Cross Eyed!

Post by Necropants »

Oh damn, vulkan only this time? ....

Oh well guess I just saved myself 100 bux =/

Lundamyrstrollet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

No OpenGL no 3D Vision anymore for this Title, only chance is ReShade with superdepth fk 3D...But after the last ReShade Update (now with in fact very good Vulkan Support... was surprised how "good" WS The New Collossus looks like...) its definitively worth a try i think.

Necropants
Cross Eyed!

Post by Necropants »

Yeah unfortunately for superdepth 3d pyramid Monitor users as I understand are SOOL =(

Lundamyrstrollet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Yep, sadly there will never be a Frame Sequential Mode in Superdepth if i understand BlueSkyDefender right (and even then its not usable with an 3D Vision Monitor and the Pyramid, need a DLP Link or infrared from the Display itself and of course 3D Vision has to be disabled in NVCP). Technical reasons iirr... Nowadays a Display that is capable of TaB and SbS is vital to play some Games that cannot be fixed or Games that make use of the newer Apis like DX12 and Vulkan, which will become even more important the next years...For me the significant fact in newer purchase Decisions, so a beamer is imo the only way to go... Srry f my bad english

RAGEdemon
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by RAGEdemon »

That is... unfortunate.

They made Doom 2016 VR, which was fairly successful - I wonder if they will make a Doom Eternal VR game, and if at all they might make available the stereorising tools for Vulkan.

On a personal note: Regarding Superdepth - I have a DLP-link projector that is only compatible with frame sequential stereo - 3DV or otherwise. Software page-flipping through various 3rd party drivers has worked fine when the 3D Vision driver is disabled. Is there a way to generate some kind of frame Sequential stereo output for DLP projectors which don't have SBS/OU capability? - Did Helifax not make a wrapper to allow this in the past?
Edit: Clarity | Windows 10 64-Bit | 7700K @ 5.1GHz | 2080 Ti | 32GB 3866MHz RAM | Optane SSD | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | Oculus Rift CV1

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”