Grim Dawn - skewed menus and loading screens

lohan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Grim Dawn - skewed menus and loading screens

Post by lohan »

I just recently started with Grim Dawn and everything looks stunning in glorious 3D using masterotaku's fix. That said the current version of the game has an issue with menus and loading screens in 3D vision. They all appear skewed in a way that they look like the flowing story lines in the opening scene of a Star Wars movie (wide in the front, narrow in the back). This is also mentioned in the comments for the fix on helix page but that specific comment is from October 2019 and there is no answer so far.

The game is still very playable in 3D but if someone has an idea how that little issue could be fixed it wouldn't hurt......

masterotaku
Two Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: Grim Dawn - skewed menus and loading screens

Post by masterotaku »

lohan wrote:That said the current version of the game has an issue with menus and loading screens in 3D vision. They all appear skewed in a way that they look like the flowing story lines in the opening scene of a Star Wars movie (wide in the front, narrow in the back).
This isn't an issue. It's a feature. I tilted the HUD forwards on purpose (higher separation at the top than at the bottom) to make items, mouse cursor and everything be more or less aligned with the ground, for easier navigation and clicking on the environment. You'll see that changing the zoom level in the game affects the depth and tilting of the HUD.

In the blog post, check the hotkeys section. F6 is the one you're looking for if you want to disable that.

lohan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lohan »

Thanks for the answer master! That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it "hm, looks almost like embedded in the ground..."
Now that I know it's correct that way I won't disable it!

Necropants
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Necropants »

yeah find it a bit odd, because I think it improves the experience greatly and i wish there were more fixes of this nature for the various ARPG's out there

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”